"Definitely, I was actually looking for someone who would go out for drinking with me.. I honestly felt done with beer and pizza" you said, "although no one could ever be done with pizza"

"I totally agree with you" she nodded and giggled, "cool then, let's go tonight". She looked up and saw Dr. Johnson looking for a place to sit.

"Do you think we should invite her with us?" She asked you.

"I like her" you said, "she's sweet, let's call her"

Lily smiled at you, "hey Ashley" she called out.

"Dr. L/n, Dr. Choi" she bowed.

"You don't have to be so formal, we're outside the lab" you smiled at her and motioned her to sit.

"We're gonna go out and get slightly drunk" Lily said, "you wanna join us?"

"Who me?" She looked confused, "are you sure?"

"Yes of course" you said, "we're not gonna get drunk, it's just- consider it an initiative towards our friendship"

"Thank you so much for asking me" she beamed, "I would love to join you"

"That's great, so where do we meet?" You asked.

"I'll text you guys the address" Lily said.

You decided to dress normally for whatever occasion this was, you just wore jeans and a cute too along with boots.

"Where are you going?" Maia asked.

"I made friends" you said, "we're gonna sip some martinis and gossip"

"About whom? You don't even know anyone" she said.

"Yeah I mean, whatever" you said.

"Who are you going with?" She asked.

"The girl who was actually nice to me even after she realised I was Jimin's ex" you said, "and another one of my colleagues"

"Yeah well, the way you described her, she did seem nice" Maia said, "but wait, you're going with two people"

"Yeah so?" You asked, confused.

"Don't try to replace us" she said.

"Could I ever?" You laughed, "you're a part of me, I would die before even thinking of doing that"

"See, that's why I love you" she said.

Lily had texted you the address and you reached there on time. It seemed like a nice place. It wasn't too posh but seemed cozy.

You saw the two girls waiting for you and you entered together.

"Okay so, we're not getting wasted? Right?" Lily confirmed.

"We have work tomorrow, so I don't think so" Ashley said.

"Exactly, I don't want anyone to take any chances with the experiments" you said, "so we would indulge in light drinking only"

"Boring" Lily pouted , "but okay, maybe I can get used to this" she sighed.

You shook your head and laughed.  

It seemed a little awkward at first but once you started sipping your drinks, everyone loosened up a bit. You were starting to get comfortable and realised these two women were actually very sweet.

You got to know a lot about them, Lily had been into k-culture since forever.. being a Korean, she was obviously completely absorbed in it. Ashley ,on the other hand was American.. so she didn't really know much about it, but she had a cousin who was very much interested in kpop.

You were telling each other about yourselves and trying to get to know them. They were also telling you about other scientists on the team. It was going pretty well.

But apparently Ashley had a very low tolerance and she got drunk pretty early. You had never really seen her spend time with anyone but she had gossip on almost every person. She actually started sharing all the tea.