Her breath coming out heavy as the first teardrop landed on the polished floor.
Her hands shaking and the chains cluttering.

"If you refuse to answer. You leave me no choice but to punish you for your crimes publically. Answer me Evalinge, this is the last time I ask you this.
Or else nothing will follow except torture if you don't answer"

Her teary eyes meeting his cold ones.
Lips shaking but the will to survive, burning within.

"You won't believe the truth and want me to lie. But sadly it won't change the fact that Dan is in danger right now.
If you let me leave, I can assure you his safety...please your highness.."

The king stared at her a little longer.
Unable to decide, but knowing how she impersonated as a man, he just couldn't believe her again.

" 10 sticks miss Williams.10 sticks in public and if you still refuse to answer, get ready for a lifetime of torture"

Her fists clenched in anger as the king walked passed her.
His decision making her body to slump down in defeat.

Dan, please be safe.

The only words she whispered as guards entered to take her for the first round of public humiliation.

......................................................

Daniel's pov

I opened my eyes to feel a throbbing pain in my forehead.
My mind in utter confusion as I tried to locate my surroundings.

Darkness, the only thing welcoming me along with the burning feeling in my body.
It was hurting all over and I couldn't locate it.

Groaning in irritation I tried moving to find myself bound.
My hands tied to the chair I sat on along with my chest.

I looked down to see myself unharmed, except for my forehead off course.
Which felt like it was on fire.

"Welcome your majesty. I hope you are comfortable"

Came a voice and I instantly knew who it was.
My hands clenching as I looked up at the source.

She stood there with a big victorious smile on her face.
Just open my hands and I will love to see how her smile looks with missing teeth.

Her eyes twinkling as she saw me struggling, her hands folding in front of her chest.

"I must say, Claire, you are definitely a beauty with brains"

Her sickening laughter echoed in the room at my comment.
Her steps coming my way.

"And you are more intelligence then I thought you to be. You figured out right your majesty"

Her face inches away from me, as she studied me closely.
Her eyes narrowing at the bandage wrapped around my forehead.
Her fingers, caressing it.
Making me wish to murder her right now.

"I hope it is not that bad. I am sorry for the pain though. I know how it feels"

Now what is her deal, I thought.
What does she mean by that now?

She understood how utterly confused I was, making her grab a chair and sit in front of me.

"Believe me, your highness. I have nothing against you. But what can I say, my hatred for her makes me do so many unexplainable things."

She smirked, so it was always Eva.
She wanted to reach her through me.

"The child was a nuisance. A mistake if I must say. Her mother was my husband's mistress and her, a mistress's daughter.
You can't blame me though, I could never love her to be honest.
Her mother died giving birth to her, leaving me with her tainted burden."