VeInTiSaIs

(A/N WtL?! HOw?! WhY? WhEn? WhO? WhAt?! ^^^ 1.5 freaking K VIEWS?!?!? Someone explain please. Also this may feel a bit rushed and not make sense)

I couldn't see.

Couldn't move.

Couldn't breathe.

Couldn't cry for help.

I could only lay there.

Sinking under the water.

Helpless.

I felt something smack the side of my head, and the quiet noise of splashes was replaced with a high pitched buzz in my right ear.

I began to re-live a couple moments in my past. Streets where overflowing with murky brown ocean water, along with boxes, important supplies and bodies. For weeks after the devastation nobody on Nevis could drink from the natural springs, as the salt water had poisoned them. 

I remember having barely any food and terrible muddy water. I remembered bodies- floating around town in the flash floods. I was among them. I had been swept out with them, and I remember every bit of it. The longing feeling for someone to grab my hand and pull me out of the river of mud, blood and bodies.

Now, though, I did feel a hand. Two hands. Now I felt myself lifted out of the water. I felt rough dirt on my back as I was pulled to the shore. I blinked open my eyes to see not John, but that Jefferson guy. A moment later John sprinted over, physically pushed Jefferson out of the way, and sat down in front of me.

John smiled at me and I felt a tear streak across my face, as the memories kept passing through my vision. John barked something to Jefferson and I saw him sprint away somewhere. Hopefully he was getting one of my cat children. I wouldn't mind to have Little Gay right now, so I could pet him.

Although Jefferson came running back with a person, some doctor that he knew. I looked up at John and saw him start to cry. Why? I felt fine. I closed my eyes again and listened to the high-pitched buzzing that was all I could hear. Then suddenly the noise went away- and so did my consciousness.

-Time skip of five hours brought to you bye ME, thy person tho may be currently angered by-

I blinked again. Then again. When I opened my eyes, everything was still black. Was I opening my eyes at all? I tried blinking more, and finally realized wherever I was must just be very dark. A deafening high-pitched noise echoed through my right ear, and in my other ear I could hear some breathing.

"Alex?" Someone asked over the noise. 

As I regained consciousness, the high-pitched noise faded. I used my arms to push myself up into a sitting position, leaning back against the head board of a bed. Through the darkness, I could see a tiny room with one other bed, and a cabinet in the corner. Plus John was there, sitting next to me.

He smiled and I watched him lean onto me, hugging me in a laying down position. He whispered something into my right ear, but it was quiet. And I don't even think I picked it up in that ear.

"I can't hear you," I whispered, my voice was hoarse.

John looked at me worriedly, then leaned to my other side and brought his head up to my left ear.

"Can you hear me now?" He whispered.

"Yeah," I smiled slightly.

John still looked worried though. He sat up, slid off the bed and left me alone in the room. I don't remember what happened. I'm not sure why I'm hurt. I think it had something to do with water but I don't remember for sure, and now the hearing in my right ear was broken. It was temporary, right?