17: Mall-Stock Jeans Hate Club

Start from the beginning

He bends and kisses me for real, lips settling softly on mine. "Mhmm, yes I am."

"Now put my toast in for me." I wave toward the island, my two pieces of toast sticking out of the toaster so I can strategically press them down at the same time that I'm flipping my eggs. He smiles, pushing it in for me, allowing me to take my gentle time flipping my eggs.

In four minutes when I've cut the avocado slices and fried the deli ham in the leftover butter, then added cheese, I sit down across him with my perfected egg sandwich.

"I can't believe you eat that every morning before practice." He mumbles over a mouthful of eggs. "It just looks heavy."

I shrug, taking a bite. "It's actually not that bad, and I don't eat this exactly, the ham is a treat. It's the only thing that makes it heavy, the rest of it is actually reasonably good for hockey."

His eyebrows just go up like he can't believe me. "You have a ridiculous metabolism. At some point your body is gonna stop doing that and you're gonna be sitting there wondering why you're gaining weight and it's because you live off ten thousand calories a day."

I smile at him over a mouthful. "You're just jealous."

"Absolutely." With that, he wiggles his phone out of his pocket. "Why in god's name is this- ah."

I frown and he sets it down. "Groupchat." Is all he comments. I sit up to get mine out as well.

MALL-STOCK JEANS HATE CLUB

STEPH: what are you guys doing right now i'm bored as fuck and confined to like three positions with the knee brace.

NICO: *insert 1 image*

I stare at it for a moment, before I realize that it is, in fact, Fenrir, with a pretty bad nosebleed, somewhere in god knows where Colorado.

NICO: he's not used to the altitude yet

FEN: I am I swear she's just so hot my body pulled an anime

NICO: I will block you and take your phone away

FEN: you love me

NICO: yes, unfortunately

FEN: :)

JORGEN: *insert 1 image*

I focus on that one a little, completely unsure who the hell he just took a photo of. It's a pretty redhead girl with a soft smile, looking right at the camera over breakfast.

NICO: say hi to jessie for us

JORGEN: she says hi back

ROCKET: am i missing something when the fuck did jorgen get a really hot girlfriend

JORGEN: we're not dating. She's Connor's mom

ROCKET: oooohhhhh

STEPH: well then chop chop on that dating card, jorgie

JORGEN: ah, no.

JORGEN: too big of a chance of that going wrong, plus, we already agreed that's a bad territory

NICO: I admire your resolve but that (by my own personal evidence) like never works

JORGEN: it's going to have to

NICO: how's being back in the big leagues with the EMT thing?

JORGEN: it's been a while since I reviewed HIPPA so don't tell anyone this but yesterday we had to cut someone's dick out of their shampoo bottle. Truly one of those situations I wish I had a better poker face for.