Bonnie & Clyde

Mulai dari awal

Shit, more than likely I'll be just like I am now—alone.

I shake my head. I don't even know why I'm thinkin' 'bout this shit. I think it's this house. It's too quiet. It's giving me too much time to think.

I grab my phone to distract myself. I take it off airplane mode. The first thing I see is another text message from Candyce. I let out a deep breath. She been blowing my shit up the last couple days.

Her messages went from asking if I landed in New York safely to telling me to call her right away. I never texted her back so I figure she's just worried 'bout me. I send her a text letting her know I'm back home but I leave it at that.

I'm still not fucking with her, so I hope she don't take this as a sign that I'm ready to talk. I got too much on my mind to be playing with Candyce's indecisive ass.

It doesn't take me long to get dressed after reading Caesar's text

It doesn't take me long to get dressed after reading Caesar's text. I race down the stairs—not because I'm excited to see him—but because I could really use his help.

It's been a few days since Max and Phor robbed me. My head hasn't stopped spinning since. I've been plotting on ways to get back at them, but I can't do shit without a gun and The Loft is practically off-limits since Ace got back. The same niggas I've been dapping off for months would just as quick snitch on me to Ace now that he's back.

I even thought about going to Ace for help, but we still ain't talking. Besides, it's not like he wanted me selling drugs anyway. He might be glad that Max took the drugs off my hands. He might not even take it serious since it's girls that robbed me. The only person that ever took me serious when it came to the streets was Caesar. And while we may not be on the best of terms, I trust that he'll come through for me.

Bacon fills my nostrils as I run down the stairs. I can hear Mama moving pots around in the kitchen. I hate to skip out on breakfast especially 'cause I know she finna' throw down. But I know it won't be long before she's back in the kitchen. She hasn't stopped cooking since Ace came home. I can't tell if she's just happy or if she's tryna do everything she can to make him stay.

I glance at him and Paryis on the couch watching the morning news. Seeing them together, I realize I haven't seen Yuri around lately. I'm guessing she saw Ace's life for the trainwreck that it is and left, or she decided not to stay in our house. Either way I'm happy I don't have to share my space with a stranger. Ace being here is bad enough.

I yell my goodbyes to Mama and Paryis as I race out the door. I'm outside before anybody can ask where I'm going.

On the drive to Caesar's house, I can't help but think about the robbery. I swear it's all I can think about. I just can't wrap my head around the fact that it actually happened. I knew Max had it out for me, but I never expected her to go as far as putting a gun in my face. We used to jump bitches in the strip club together, and there she was stomping me out like I was any bitch off the street. All because she needed money and felt like I owed it to her. It's crazy what money will make a bitch do.