Better Place

(Original A/N)
Ok here's a fun story. I heard this song and immediately knew I had to do something with it. I originally thought parrlyn but someone already did a fic where Anne sings Cathy a song. Anyways I got this idea in the shower and decided that I had to do it.
Yes the last chapter is unnecessarily long. I could've cut it off sooner but I hope that was a suitable ending.

(New A/N)
Hello! I wrote this back in 2019 and it's published on a03 but I've been meaning to transfer it here for a long time. Also, I appreciate all of the comments, votes, and views (9K :o) this book has gotten! It's honestly insane to me. I haven't written anything in a long time so my apologies if there is not any new update for a long ass time. However, if anyone wants to leave me requests or prompts I can't promise I'll write them but you never know. I hope you enjoy!

Description- Anne doesn't think the queens know how much they mean to her so she writes a song to show her love. A collection of small stories on how she wrote the song

I'll sing a song- intro
If you asked Anne when she was originally brought back if she thought she would be close to the other queens, she would've laughed in your face and said 'no way.' However, now things are different.
The five other queens have become closer to her than anyone ever had in this life or the last. They had become their own small family who cared for each other no matter the circumstance.
It wasn't an unknown fact that Anne was more reserved when it came to her thoughts and feelings. She wasn't very good in the spur of the moment when her brain moved faster than her mouth. Because of this she didn't really think the queens knew how much she appreciated them.
One day she had the brilliant idea of writing a song. She had an amazing voice and she had definitely picked up some music skills during her lifetimes.
It definitely wasn't an easy task. A lot of the time the words just didn't flow and she'd get stuck. But it was important to her so she kept at it.
Anne started to go to the pub a bit less, more in favour of going to her room and trying to strum out a tune.
It wouldn't be uncommon to find her randomly pulling out her phone to jot down a quick idea before returning to the conversation or situation she was in.
She drew lyrics from her thoughts or sometimes things said by other queens.
However this turns out, Anne just hopes it's good enough.

Everything's alright when you're with me- Aragon
Anne woke up in a cold sweat.
It was probably the 4th time this week she'd relived her death, but she couldn't help the tears streaming down her face.
As much as she craved to be held, she didn't want to bother any of the queens. They dealt with her enough as it is.
She was repeating to herself "it's the 21st century, you're ok, you're safe" over and over again when she heard a knock on the door.
She looked up to see Aragon quietly entering the room.
"Anne, love, are you ok?" she asked, sounding concerned.
As much as the two hated each other at first, they had built an unpredictable bond quite similar to Kat and Janes.
"I've been better" she called out, her voice quiet. Before Aragon could reply she added meekly, "if it isn't a bother, could you sit with me for a bit?"
The older queen was beside her in a second.
"Of course not love. You're never a bother" she said, lying next to Anne and putting the younger girls ear on her chest. "Would you like to talk about it?"
Anne replied with a sigh. "Same old. The tower, swordsman, that whole ordeal."
"OK, how are you feeling now? Are you alright?" Aragon asked.
Anne replied almost instantly. "Of course. Everythings alright when you're here. I don't know how you do it."
While Aragons heart swelled as she brought the girl closer, a lightbulb went off in Annes head.
She returned the hug before reaching to her nightstand for her phone.
Everything's alright when you're with me

The colours are golden and bright- Cleves
"Let's go do something ridiculous."
"I'm so in!"
Anna and Anne pulling shenanigans on their day off was a normal occurrence. The two of them could be reckless so the others tended to steer clear when they were up to something.
They packed some lunch into a backpack and headed out.
"Any ideas on what to do? My only request is no running, I'm kinda tired" Anne said.
They were walking towards the park, kind of wandering aimlessly.
Anna thought for a second. "That's ok, also I got none."
They were walking along the river amongst the trees when the German got an idea.
"Picnic in a tree?" she asked.
The other queen thought for a moment, "random, but I'm in!"
They made their way to one of the bigger trees that looked suitable enough for climbing.
Anne piped up. "I've never actually climbed a tree before. 've got no clue what I'm doing."
Anna just chuckled. "That's ok. Let me take the backpack and you follow me."
She slung the backpack over her shoulder before starting to climb the tree.
"See, I'm putting my foot here and grabbing this branch to pull myself up." She narrated her steps so Anne could follow.
As soon as Anna was sitting comfortably it was the other queens turn.
She followed the Germans instructions and gripped the tree for dear life. It's not that she was scared of heights, there's just something exciting but terrifying about climbing a tree.
She was about eye level to where Anna was sitting and a few moments later she managed to sit beside her friend on the branch.
They opened the bag and got out the sandwiches.
"You should turn around. The water is really pretty, it's kinda gold looking."
Anne turned around to a really pretty view.
Yes, she had seen the river before, but there was something reflecting onto the water giving it a gold hue.
She was struck with a flash of inspiration and she grabbed her phone to jot it down.
The colours are golden and bright again