chapter nineteen

i shall add edits until i run out
as always excuse my grammar mistakes, it is 8AM for me lmao

i shall add edits until i run out as always excuse my grammar mistakes, it is 8AM for me lmao

CHAPTER NINETEEN

CHAPTER NINETEEN

Ananke pressed a cold cloth against glazed cheeks, wiping away the slight transpiration that had come due to the endless agitation of the night. Hazel eyes surveyed her surroundings, taking notice of her friends scattered across the Three Broomsticks Inn, enjoying themselves after months of work.

Her feet were sore from running around and trying to ensure everyone followed the safety precautions, and she took off her shoes and wiggled her toes freely, letting a small groan past her lips.

A chair scraped at the table near hers, and she turned her head to glance at Abraxas Malfoy, who seemed to be completely wrecked by alcohol. His face had gone beetle red, lines of cardinal extending themselves across his cheeks as he fought back the noxious substance, and his eyes were lacquered by obliviousness. Platinum hair was as messily crafted as always, and he had popped open a few buttons of his dress shirt and given up on wearing his sweater, which he now carried on his shoulders, tied with the sleeves around his neck.

Feeling eyes on him, he turned to face her, and Ananke felt the hazy skepticism vibrate through her empath bond. Then, it faded into something darker, something that she thought to be as cold as pulverized bones, and his jaw tightened before he turned to his glass of fire whiskey and downed it in one go.

Malfoy's face did not even scrunch from the burning sensation; he merely licked pinked lips with his tongue before leaning back into his seat and glancing around the room. Suddenly, Navarro felt an overwhelming amount of resentment from him, so much so she placed a hand on her abdomen and winced before following his line of sight to—oh.

Felix was twirling Della Beauchamp around, her skirts a circular motion of ruffles as her giggle sounded through the room, and then the boy pulled her to his chest, raising an eyebrow before dropping her on one of his arms and pressing a kiss to her lips. Her yelp of surprise sounded above the music, syncing with the fine fiddle tune.