chapter thirteen

NOTE BEFORE YOU READ: This chapter contains a brief history of Vlad the Impaler, the one you might know as Dracula. To fit this story, I have used the general history of his time as ruler of Wallachia, and changed many things because I felt like it. So, just be aware that this is not real history for the most part (aka he was not an actual satanist).

As always, thank you for your comments and votes! They make me happy.

CHAPTER THIRTEEN

CHAPTER THIRTEEN

WARNING: Be advised—this chapter contains graphic mentions of gore and blood

Scholomance was the school of the Devil—that was the conventional truth of the pitiful magic academy that resided in the peaks of Transylvania.

Founded in the old Chapel of the Order of the Dragon, one of the most ancient and powerful lines of sorcerers ever to rule Wallachia, it was the solely out-of-land residency that the family had had. It had been, at first, a hallowed place of prayer, but everything had changed once the Ottomans had attacked.

Vlad Țepeș, the original Count of Dracula, and the Riser of Strigoi.

He had been the prince of Wallachia once it had been struck and had tried to battle against the army of invaders bravely, but his country was not as well prepared as the Empire. Thus, he had turned his faith to something else, to something far, far more wicked—the Devil.

He had converted the church into a worship place for the horned god, rising altars and statues as places of offerings, all to connect himself to the purest form of dark magic—Hell. Sorcery had multiple origins, and as such, each country naturally had different practices, but the Principalities of Romania were known for their cruel methods.

So, when the Devil finally answered Vlad's call, his request was as grotesque as the nine realms of the underworld, and besides the circle of Limbo, all were ruled by the Seven Deadly Sins and the Forgotten Sin. Satan had demanded a massacre of innocent and sinners alike, of men, women, children, and elders.