Chapter 36: Dead in life

Mulai dari awal

Marcus ran into the room.

"God, Marien," he exclaimed, surprised.

He reached over and wrapped me in his arms. His touch hurt me to the depths of my soul, knowing that I would no longer be in the arms of my Sirius. I kept crying loudly as if that would bring him back to me.

"Marien," he whispered. "Marien, relax."

"My Sirius!" I managed to scream between my constant crying.

"Everything will be fine..."

I shook my head in denial. How could he tell me that? They all always said that when my parents died. It was always the same. The story repeated.

Someone else broke into the room.

"You must calm down, or you will have a hysterical attack or something." It was John.

Another thing that hurt my soul was hearing those voices, knowing that I would not listen his. I felt selfishly bad that they spoke to me. The world was destroyed for me. Nothing made sense anymore. This hurt me. I wanted to die. I wanted to go with him. There was nothing left for me if I stayed. It was not like with my parents when I clung to the investigation. Now Sirius had become my life and taken it with him.

"Sorry for hurting you..."

He left with them so that they would kill only him and leave us alone. I pulled away from Marcus.

"I'm leaving," I said between sobs.

"What?"

He tried to stop me, but I gave him a shove and stood up, staggering. John cut me off at the door, and I started to push him, but he resisted.

"Let me out!" I yelled in a terribly cracked voice.

"What are you thinking of doing?" Marcus asked, horrified.

"Go for him!"

"It's not possible, and if Orion finds you, he will kill you..."

"I already know it! I don't care!" I screeched. John put his arms around me. "No! Let go!"

"The sedative," he asked Marcus.

"No! NO!" I started screaming.

They immobilized me and injected me with the sedative. As much as I had struggled, I could not get away from them. I started to calm down right away, out of my will. Marcus laid me down on the bed and started stroking my hair. 

I realized that it was daytime. Apparently, they had kept me sedated all night and maybe all day. I was dying of pain, and soon darkness invaded me.

I was just like him. They had taught me not to get upset in high-tension situations, and there I was, like a sad madwoman, prey to emotions, losing control of my life completely...

***

I heard a beautiful melodious manly laugh.

"What are you waiting for then? Come here..."

His sweet aroma surrounded me. I opened my eyes and found myself in the room again. He was not there; it was an illusion. I had him in my arms just the day before, and now he would not return. The tears ran down my face again.

Give him back. Someone give him back to me... please...

I wanted to go back in time and stand next to him. I started crying again, trying to keep quiet as I contracted in pain, enduring the loudest sobs. Rosy entered the room and approached me, very sad. Heavens. If the sadness that others felt for you could return your loved one... it would be very welcome. But no one could offer comfort in these cases.