epilogue: all the roads you took came back to me

On their first road trip together, Ji-pyeong went crazy preparing even the smallest details.

As he was certain now that sailing off without a map was an absolutely stupid thing, the man made sure to prepare everything in advance. Which meant he made Dal-mi and Haelmoni mad by starting his plans five days earlier than the scheduled date for their trip.

The original purpose of travelling around was to take a time off and away from Seul, as a way to rest their troubled minds after everything that happened. Since Ms. Yoon had agreed to allow Ji-pyeong to take his first extended vacation and In-jae basically forced her sister to go, they had three job-free weeks to enjoy.

When Ji-pyeong decided to fulfil his promise and suggested they would make a road trip to Korea's hidden spots, offering to organize everything as long as Dal-mi drove, she couldn't deny. Watching him overcome his trauma little by little would always make her heart flutter with pride and admiration.

He never failed to surprise his now-girlfriend and every day felt like an adventure.

Inviting Haelmoni was a desire and a need, as the man couldn't seem to survive without her meals anymore. Since her latest exams showed good news on the treatment she started to do, the older woman was more than available to travel with her kids, a couple she absolutely adored and rooted for.

Their exploration was a route of cheap hostels and rented Airbnb's rooms, as Ji-pyeong and Dal-mi decided to opt for good prices and comfort. Living together with her and Haelmoni taught him valuable lessons about what was important in life, and sleeping closer to Dal-mi in a tight bedroom was a bonus he would never waste.

During late nights, Dal-mi would allow him to read her journal, an old notebook where she wrote down business ideas. As a gift from her father during one birthday, she had taken good care and hidden her written words from everyone, only allowing her boyfriend to read and help perfect any epiphanies she had during restless nights.

They would enjoy every minute on the road to talk about life. From politics to personal experiences they never shared, the trio discussed everything available, even playing stupid games when Ji-pyeong yielded to Dal-mi's effort.

Going to bed by his side and waking up with Ji-pyeong's arm holding her close was Dal-mi's new favorite thing. She got used to his presence everywhere earlier than their relationship intimacy, rejoicing in any opportunity to be by his side since she could do it now.

Discovering secret paradises around their country felt exactly as their relationship. Every day was a new lesson, a collection of precious moments, heartfelt laughter, stolen kisses in any available spot and meaningful conversations about their feelings.

Overcoming their fears and insecurity from past conflicts allowed them to see each other with fresh eyes. Becoming an admirer, a faithful friend and a forever companion for one another was inevitable, as they began to understand how their past, present and future was entangled since the first letter left in a worn bird box during a spring afternoon.

Sharing priceless moments with Dal-mi and Haelmoni gave Ji-pyeong an unique sense of family and duty. Feeling responsible for the women's safety and happiness while simultaneously being looked after, despite being released from the medical team months ago, helped them find in each other a very unrestricted aid, one they needed and appreciated a lot.

Once again, life found its rhythm. This time, the Goddess of Fate allowed them to have love-filled days and not a happy ending, but a happy continuance, a constant maintenance of their relationships and themselves.

Together, not only did they get better, but got to be who they should be, the best version allowed. As individuals, a loving family and a merry couple, Ji-pyeong and Dal-mi learned that sometimes destiny, or our map in life as some might say, takes us towards diverging paths and dangerous roads.

However, when the Sun gives space for the Moon, and we recollect ourselves with our loved ones, life always finds a way to walk us through valuable lessons.

Ultimately, our journey on Earth is always about the journey, the process and our walk through every day, since our destination is set by nature's law, but not written in stone.

Life is a book being written daily by us all, a love letter in the making. We write our lines with blood, sweat and tears, but with happiness, love and meaningful connections as well.

In the end, the most important question is not what comes next and what will happen once we leave this world, but rather, what is the story we're leaving behind us.

Make sure to write good ones.

the end

author's note:

ALEXA PLAY MAPS BY MAROON 5

oh my god! my second story! is done! and published!

i'm so happy to share this journey with every reader and follower, seriously. you guys are amazing human beings and i feel honoured to be your fic writer, thank you so much for trusting my work and liking it so much.

as you may know by now, i'm a regular journalism student, working all day in a crazy industry and fighting my way through college. ive been a reader my whole life and a secret writer as well, pofaf was my first english written work, since im brazilian and portuguese is my first language, and this is my second one.

sometimes, i feel stupid writing fanfics about a couple that didn't work because of phr damned poor writing, doing this after my shift and during late nights. however, every person who read my stories and talk to me through the comment section, and over stan twt, makes me feel special and loved. once again, thank you so much for encouraging me to write and do what i love.

i want to thank mali (@jakcsowang) and julia (@judefavari) for helping me bring this story to the world, these human beings are exceptional people who believe in my crazy ideas and survive my writing schedule, so thanks girls, i truly love yall. also, kudos to the amazing cia (@therapbasquiat) for making an astonishing cover art as well.

as always, hit me up on the comment section and over stan twt (@chancekai) using #ceciverse for reactions and goodbyes.
cant wait to create something new with our favourite couple. love you guys and i see you then 💛