chapter 3: oh baby why did you run away?

author's note:

WE'RE BACK AFTER A SHORT BREAK! oomfs i wrote this today at 4am so im sorry in advance for any mistakes.

also, this might be my favorite thing i wrote on jidal after pofaf's chapter seven so i hope you enjoy it.

once again, thank you for reading this and enjoying my crazy plots and writing schedule. have a nice experience and i'll see you at the end of the chapter <3

(see the end of the chapter for more notes)

xx

Waking up in a hospital room should have been the first sign something was off.

However, opening his eyes to a beautiful woman dressing him up was an otherworldly experience.

Ji-pyeong felt like having the Universe's worst hangover, body all stiff and weak, mind fogged by medicines he didn't remember taking the night before. Looking around the cozy and decorated room didn't help at all, and a dreadful feeling took space in his stomach when he heard the nurse explaining what happened.

A car accident.

He was involved in a car accident so tragic it stole a month away from his life.

And now he had a wife?

"Excuse me, young lady..." Ji-pyeong said, staring profoundly at the warm brown eyes of the beautiful stranger fixing his pillows, eyes that felt too familiar for him to be comfortable. "Do I know you?"

Ji-pyeong had a steeled memory, being known as an unforgiven boss and a perfectionist investor. He would, for sure, remember marrying such an enthralling woman like the one staring at him, dumbfounded as he felt.

"What?" She whispered, coming closer to his face and thoroughly intoxicating him with her vanilla scent.

Suddenly, she was all around him.

Ji-pyeong felt overwhelmed by Dal-mi's presence. Because his senses had been asleep during the coma, his brain now seemed focused only on processing the woman in front of him.

Unexpectedly, he felt her sugary fragrance embracing him as a comfortable blanket, making him warm inside-out. Everywhere he looked, there was only her: soft hair, full lips, smooth skin and sharp features indicating she was either too thin or naturally fierce.

Ji-pyeong could sense every patch of skin touching her velvety wrist, the woman's fast heartbeats matching his as his heart raced from their sudden closeness. Moving his eyes down her slender throat, the man saw when she gulped down out of nervousness, the movement making him salivate as a famished man.

As he devoured her expressions and reactions to his touch, Ji-pyeong could only wonder if she tasted as sweet and intoxicating as her smell.

It wouldn't be too bad to have as a wife, after all.

"I will..." She started to say, noticing that they were a breath away from one another's lips.

"Yes?" Ji-pyeong asked, head tumbling to the side as he measured her every move as a prey watching its feast.

"I will call the doctor." Dal-mi explained, fleeing from the room with a frantic heart.

Slowing down in the hall, the woman rested her trembling body in the wall and tried to text her sister with unfocused fingers. Something was off, and it wasn't just his memory.

Who was the man back in the room?

Swallowing down with difficulty, Dal-mi proceeded to search for his doctor and explain what happened. Earlier than what was deemed safe for her own mind, they were back in the room. Overwhelmed by his manners, the woman stood meters away from Ji-pyeong's bed as he kept measuring her during the medical team's questions.