fourteen | ❝ a night she'll never forget ❞

tw : underage drinking, catcalling, death threats, suicidal thoughts, anxiety, & sl*t-shaming

third person pov

Halloween. Madelyn had been looking forward to the parties, but they'd just be parties the houses held, where no teacher had no idea what was going on.

It was the first time the schoolboard decided to host an official Halloween party.

Madelyn was in her dorm with Nadia, prepping up their costumes, makeup and hair. Madelyn always put effort into both of their costumes, hoping that the boy of her dreams (Draco), would some day take notice.

"Is this conservative?" Madelyn sighed, looking at her reflection, looking at her sort of dark academia styled costume.

"If you like a secretary styled hooker." The girls turned around to see Pansy Parkinson, giving them glares.

Pansy, Madelyn and Nadia were this tight knit group of friends, who went everywhere together. Until in year three, when she claimed she had got close to Draco Malfoy over the summer and said that she was embarrassed of being friends with a Hufflepuff and a blood-traitor Slytherin.

Of course, the girls cut her toxicity off the group, and continued on. Pansy kept on teasing them and making fun of them, until one time Nadia had to hex her robes yellow.
It was funny enough to say.

"Bite me Parkinson." Madelyn snapped back, Nadia slowly rolling her eyes at her.

"Aww, to sad little miss Delaware didn't get asked by blonde rich boy? Is it because you don't have such pretty blonde hair?" Pansy teased.

"Oh shove off Parkinson, you're just jealous you aren't in our group of friends." Nadia sighed. Pansy then continued on to roll her eyes and walk out.

"Maybe if she kept rolling her eyes she would find a brain back there." Madelyn laughed. They were giggling and snorting, unaware of the time.

"Shoot, it's already 8:06. We were supposed to be there by 8! We're gonna be late!" The blonde argued.

"Atleast we can be fashionably late. Come on, let's show them that old-fashion style can look cute on us." The brunette replied. Madelyn and Nadia walked out of the room in their light and dark academia costumes, feeling like they ran the world.

They arrived at the Great Hall, only to be greeted by the strong scent of alcohol. Clearly someone had spiked the drinks.

"Miss Delaware, Miss Hopkins." A voice called out. The girls turned to see Professor McGonagall, with a beautiful emerald green dress, smiling at the two.

"Mister Nott and Mister Longbottom has been wondering of your presence for a while, he is over there." McGonagall continued, whilst pointing at the direction Theodore is. The girls smiled back and walked to the direction.