"youn' gotta thank me. i got you, Mama" he kissed my head.

he's so sweet to me 🥺..

"Aw your so cute when you being a lil baby" i smiled at him and he scrunched his face up at me. "don't act like you don't cling to me every morning and follow me wherever i go" i laughed and he rolled his eyes.

"you do the same shit. ion' wanna hear it"

"you get so defensive whenever i say your a baby or acting like one.. why?"

"cause that shit makes you look weak and i ain't fuckin' weak, Janay" i frowned at his serious tone.

"so i'm weak?"

"you know that's not what i meant"

"then what did you mean, pop" i sat up and he mugged me. "tell me. you gon' call your kids weak?"

"Janay-"

"even gangsters need loving and seeing as you need it all the time, i thought you'd know that first hand" he sighed. "your not weak for loving me or wanting love from me. when your holding your babies are you gonna call yourself weak?"

"why does this shit matter"

"because your way too hard on yourself and i hate having to deal with you coming to me stressed and just wanting to sleep cause of it" looking down, i shook my head. "i saw you, pop. you told me you were done" he furrowed his eyebrows. "you know how i feel about perc's yet you still take them? you promised me"

"Janay their to easy my pain, baby. they ain't even something i take to just be innit cause i just wanna be. i take them to ease pain" i got off the bed and he reached for me. "don't be like that. i'm still here ain't i?"

"You promised me, pop. you promised me you'd stop because you knew how much it worried me! you promised" he sighed getting out of the bed and pulling me to him.

"i'm sorry, ight'? don't cry. i know i shoulda stopped but i need them, jay" he wiped my tears.

"i'm supposed to ease your pain! your kids are too! i don't understand why you never give me the chance instead of poppin' perc's like it's nothing" i pulled his arms from me.

"how are you gonna ease my pain, jay? huh? you can't. so stop acting like it's easy when it ain't!" he snapped making me stop at his voice change.

chileee that Jamaican something else..

"I'm glad you feel that way, bashar" i walked over to the closet and grabbed my bag. "i won't bother you. i'll leave you to ease your damn pain by yourself"

"Where the fuck you goin'?! i need you here bae i'm getting us tickets for this trip!"

"then don't! i can't have this argument with you all the time, poppa. i can't! you could die taking those, you know that? i'm your girlfriend. i should be the one helping you ease your pain. not some goddamn pills!"