Part 15: Ajeeb Dastaan

Recap:Prerna is staying the night at Basu Bari with Anurag sleeping on her lap.She looks back on the day when she told him of her pregnancy.

In a lifeless voice Prerna said,"Anurag,I am pregnant.".Her words hit him like a wave of tsunami.The moment those words escaped her lips,Anurag grabbed her and enveloped in a bone crushing hug.Holding her tightly he said,"What?!Tum pregnant ho?!I can't believe this!!Humara bachcha iss duniya mein aane wala hai?!Main Baba banne waala hoon!". Prerna stood frozen in his arms.Shocked to hear him so happy and excited.After everything he said to her,this was not the reaction she was expecting from him.She had expected him to tell her to get an abortion.As he released her Prerna saw his face,he was smiling from ear to ear.She decided to test him.Smiling back at him,she said,"Chalo,Basu Bari jaake hum apna yeh good news sabke saath share karte hain.". Hearing her words, Anurag's smile faltered.Prerna stared at him,he looked like as if he was hit by something.In a fake cheery voice she said,"Kya hua?!Tum itne khush the, achanak tumhare chehre ka rang kyu udd gaya?".Anurag shifted uncomfortably,he didn't know what to say to her.Prerna and him were going to be parents!!He was going to be a father!He loved children.And now Prerna the love of his life-no,his life was going to gift him a little angel!He wanted to shout out this great news from the top of Basu Publications!Lekin main iss waqt Komolika ko chhorkar Prerna ka saath nahi de sakta.Kyuki agar maine aisa kiya toh isse Prerna aur mere bachche ko khatra ho sakta hai.I have to be very careful.Prerna's voice broke into his thoughts,"Anurag?Kya hua?Chalo.".Anurag took her hands in his and said,"Prerna,I am so sorry lekin abhi main yeh-"

"-baat kisiko nahi bataana chahta",Prerna completed the sentence for him.Anurag was stunned by her answer.He was about to say something when she held up her hand and said,imitating him,"Prerna,tum mujhe thoda waqt I promise you main sab kuch theek kardunga,main Ma se baat karlunga,main saath din ke andar sab kuch handle karlunga.Tum kuch aisa hi kehne waale the na,Anurag?". Watching her mock his heartfelt promises from a month back, deeply hurt Anurag.Nonetheless,he tried to make her understand,he said,"Dekho Prerna I understand ki Jo hua galat hua,lekin main wakayi sab kuch theek kar dunga,mujhe tum thoda waqt do.".Prerna scoffed,"Achcha,kis cheez ke liye mujhe tumhe waqt dena hai?Phirse mujhe dhoka dene ke liye?!".Anurag ran his hand through his hair impatiently.Prerna didn't understand,he had to make her understand.If she talked now,he would lose everything including her.Yet,he cannot just reveal Komolika's truth to her.If Prerna knew the truth then she would never back out as he wanted her to.On the contrary,she would do everything she could do to get rid of Komolika.This includes putting herself in harm's way.And there's no way Anurag will let that happen especially now when she's carrying his child.No,he will have to get rid of Komolika himself,once he can assure that she is no danger to anyone especially Prerna,he will reveal everything to her.But first,he needs Prerna out of Komolika's way,now more than ever.Anurag walked towards Prerna and grabbed her by the shoulders,"Prerna,I know tum ab mujhpe vishwas nahi karti,lekin main Jo bhi keh raha hu tumhare bhale ke liye keh raha hu.Tum ab Basu Bari mein nahi reh sakti Prerna,woh jyaga tumhare liye safe nahi hai.".The concern in his voice caught Prerna's attention.She asked,"Kya hua?Anurag,main Basu Bari mein Kyu nahi reh sakti?Mujhe kisse khatra hai,Basu Bari mein?". Checking himself, Anurag recovered,"Nahi,matlab Komolika ke dad powerful hai,aur woh usse bohot pyaar karte hai.Abhi tak toh usne apne dad ko inn sab mein involve nahi kiya yeh soch Kar ke woh tumhe handle Kar legi.Lekin agar tumne iss news ko share Kiya,ya jald Basu Bari chhorke nahi gayi,toh woh apne dad ko zaroor involve karegi.Aur uske dad kitne powerful hain,yeh toh tum jaanti hi ho.Woh koi kasar nahi chhorenge tumhe sazaa dene ke liye,ho sakta hai ki tumhe jail bhejde ya tumhari family ko torture karein.Aur tab main bhi kuch nahi kar paaunga,Prerna.Iss liye main keh raha hu,tum abhi apni marzi se Basu Bari chhordo,yehi tumhare aur tumhare family ke liye best option hai.(Seeing her eyes well up)I care about you Prerna,and I care about this baby.Lekin abhi ke liye main kuch nahi kar sakta,mere upar bohot si zimmedariyaa hai-".Prerna cut him off,"-Aur main aur mera bachcha tumhare unn zimmedariyo mein se ek nahi hai.".She couldn't hold it any longer and Prerna burst into tears.Anurag tried to console her but she slapped his hands away.She sat down on his chair and cried her heart out.Watching her like this,so broken,so hurt,Anurag let his own tears fall.He had never felt so helpless in his life.In between her sobs,he heard her say,"Aaj tumne mujhe iss baat ka ehsaas dilaaya ki main sach mein kitni akeli hu.Mera sachme iss duniya mein koi nahi hai".Anurag kneeled down in front of her, taking her hands in his.She tried to slap his hands away but he held on tight.Looking deep into her teary eyes,Anurag said,"Tumhe kya lagta hai ki mujhe tumhare iss dard ka ehsaas nahi?Main bhi bohot dard mein hoon,Prerna.Main bhi akela hu.Aur tum chahe maano ya na maano,Maine bhi apna bohot kuch khoya hai.Lekin ab bas!Ab main aur kuch nahi khounga naa tumhe(Prerna looked up),aur na apne Baba ki legacy ko.".Confused Prerna asked,"Tum kehna kya chahte ho?".Anurag answered,"Prerna,please mujhpe vishwas karo.Main sach me tumse pyaar karta hu.Maine tumse jo bhi vaade kiye the,main woh sab nibhaana chahta tha lekin phir woh accident...Maine Baba se vaada kiya tha ki unke absence mein,main sab kuch sambhaalunga, Ghar,Basu Publications,sab kuch!Iss liye mujhe Komolika se Shaadi karni padi.Mere ghar aur company ke liye usse Shaadi karna zaroori tha.Agar abhi maine usse chhor diya toh woh humse humaara sab kuch chheen legi!Aur abhi tak humne jo kuch bhi saaha hai,woh sab zaaya jayega.Prerna,please mujhpe ek aakhri baar vishwaas karke dekho,tum abhi ke liye Basu Bari se chali jaao.Yeh government project complete hone ke baad, main Komolika ko dekhlunga.Uske baad main khud tumhe Ghar le aaunga.Hum naye sirey se apni zindagi shuru karenge".Anurag looked earnestly into Prerna's eyes, hoping and praying that he believed him and listened to him,because right now this is the most honest he can be with her and keep her safe at the same time.Telling her the whole truth will only provoke her into doing something reckless and put her and his baby's life in danger.They looked into each other's eyes for another moment,until Prerna spoke up,"Tum mujhe phirse dhoka dene ki koshish kar rahe ho,hai na?".Her words sent shock waves down his spine.He never imagined that one day she of all the people in the world will distrust his words.Anurag pleaded,"Prerna please,trust me.Maine tumse abhi Jo kuch bhi kaha sab sach tha.".Prerna scoffed,"Haan,sab Sach tha siwaaye iss baat ke ki tum mujse pyaar karte ho!".Anurag protested,"Prerna tum-".