Part 1: Guest Of Honour

Moloy Basu glanced around the house smiling to himself once again his Shona had done it- turned Basu house into a glittering palace fit for a king and that too on such a short notice and with so much going on.It has only been four days since that awful woman Komolika left their lives on the back of a police van. If it had been up to him he would have thrown her out of the house the moment he woke up!But too much was going on then.The knowledge of his dearest friend Rajesh's death had engulfed him with a searing pain in his heart.It was then he knew what people meant when they said, "You can never have it all".Now with Rajesh a very important part of his life was laid to rest.As if that pain alone wasn't enough when Anupam told him how Komolika blackmailed Anurag into marriage making him hurt Prerna to save his business and her house he knew that Komolika needed to be dealt with carefully.Anurag-Prerna, he thought, life played a cruel joke on them.On the day of the accident, he and Rajesh had found a solution to their problems, a London based investor was interested in Basu Publications they were supposed to meet the following week.What would he not give up just for another week with his friend?!If only they had finalised things with him his Onu and Prerna wouldn't have had to go through so much, and their marriage and Prerna's pregnancy would have been celebrated instead of being mocked and ridiculed.He was lost in his thoughts when Mohini touched his arm.

Mohini,"I think it's time for the announcement."

Moloy was stunned.He said,"Mohini TUMHE announcement ki jaldi hai?!"

Mohini rolled her eyes and thought, No!She is not ready for this.She can never be ready to lose her son to another woman.But at least she doesn't take the light out of his eyes like that Komolika.She glowered, if she was forgiven just one murder she would gladly storm off to the police station and wring that woman's neck!!How DARE she blackmail her baby?!Mohini could just kill her for that alone and not to mention other crimes!No Prerna was the lesser evil she saw that now.Even when he pretended to hate her, every time Onu looked at her his face had a strange glow.Plus, she was no longer that silly mediocre girl who only read love stories.She was a strong woman now, who gave as good as she got.If it had been any other woman, she would have left Kolkata and raised her baby somewhere else.But not Prerna, she marched into their house claiming her rights as his wife and threatening to send her son to jail.Mohini shook her head thinking of Prerna's initial days in Basu Bari she, Nivi and Komolika didn't make it easy for her, constant humiliations, planning plotting, any other girl would've given up.But not you,Prerna,Mohini thought, you fought all of us, and Thank God you did, warna aaj ek murderer Basu family ki member hoti.She turned around to see Moloy talking to other guests while she was lost in her thoughts. She looked towards Anurag and Prerna, standing in the center of the hall talking to their business associates.Mohini smiled, standing next to Prerna,her baby looks like he had just swallowed a bulb, as he kept glancing towards every now and then. With good reason, Mohini thought. Dressed in a deep purple half satin half lace saree with a one shoulder blouse Prerna looked elegant.Starring at her simple pearl necklace Mohini frowned,Ye ladki nahi sudhregi, itna simple necklace!Why doesn't she understand?Yeh ab ek Basu hai isko apne status ke hisaab se dress karna chahiye.Anyway main isse sab sikha doongi,she thought.Mohini's eye went to Prerna's belly at 3 months pregnant, Prerna pretty much looked the same.Mohini smiled just six more months!She thought, soon her little Anu will be with them.Or maybe,a girl this time with Prerna's beauty and courage and Onu's brilliance.Her thoughts were interrupted by Nivi approaching her."Ma",she said,"Are you sure about this?".Mohini replied,"Of course ,Nivi Prerna has proved herself ki woh deserve karti hai mere Onu ko.Even more importantly, Onu loves her.Maine aaj tak usse itna khush kabhi nahi dekha.Just look at them?!"

Nivi replied,"Main bhi wahi keh rahi Hoon Ma just look at them!". Mohini looked at where Nivi was pointing and that's when she saw each time Anurag tried to touch Prerna she shifted uncomfortably leaving  her son disappointed. She glowered, it took her a lot of time to accept Prerna.While it was reassuring to know that she wasn't after her son's money and made him really happy.She also knew, that Prerna was the only woman who can break his heart into a million pieces and drive him over the edge with madness.No, Mohini thought, this has to stop. She went to Moloy and whispered to him,"Moloy ab aap kiska wait kar rahe hai announcement kar dijiye."