Part 8.2: Prerna is arrested

"Lekin ma,main nahi chahta ke Prerna aur mere naye rishte ki shuruwaat ek dhoke se ho.Kya sachme koi aur rasta nahi hai?" Anurag pleaded. Taking a deep breath, Mohini tried one last time,"Usne aur koi option chhora hai tumhare paas,Onu?Tum pihchle chaar din se koshish kar rahe the usse baat karne ki uska koi result mila tumhe?Ab jab usse sab kuch pata chal gaya Kya usne koshish ki tumse baat karne ki?Nahi na!Ulta usne kya kiya? apne bhai se kaha ki uske liye ek achhcha sa divorce lawyer dhunde!Agar woh tumse iss liye naraaz hai ki tumne apne aur uske rishte ek mauka nahi diya toh ab tumhe divorce deke woh bhi toh wohi galti repeat kar rahi hai na?Aur usse na rok kar tum pichli baar se bhi badi galti kar rahe ho. Aur rahi baat dhoke ki usne jo tumse dhoke se marriage certificate pe sign karaya?Hume almost arrest karaya uska kya?".

Inspite of the seriousness of the situation,Anurag gently laughed at  Mohini asked,"Tu has kyu Raha hai?".

"Nahi,main bas uss din ke baare mein soch raha hoon.Uss din mujhe finally realize hua ma, ki isse pehle maine Prerna ko kitna zyada underestimate kiya tha."Anurag said.Thinking about the day herself,Mohini said,"Haan,mujhe bhi",she didn't need to explain more the memory spoke for itself.

~2 months ago~

It had been close to a month since Holi,and Prerna was still with them,with her constant imposition.For an entire month she had been living with them,and Mohini could do nothing about it.But not anymore, Komolika told her that today was Prerna's last day in Basu Bari.After today,she won't even dare  face them,let alone stay in Basu Bari.This had relaxed Mohini.She knew and trusted Komolika.All Mohini had to do was follow Komolika's instructions.As per her instructions,she had called for an officer from the Marriage Registrar's Office,to register Anurag and Komolika's marriage.She had assured Mohini that this time,Prerna won't be able to ruin it.Mohini knew why, Komolika had tricked Prerna into signing a document confessing to having bribed both the priests to declare her marriage to Anurag legal and having taken undue advantage of Anurag's kindness and trapped him into this relationship.At first,when Mohini found out about this document she had tried to dissuade Komolika, saying this was too extreme.But, Komolika had convinced her that there was no other option.With Prerna constantly taunting and humiliating them for over a month now, Mohini realized that there really was no other option.Finally,this Prerna will get all her dues!To teach her a lesson, Komolika had decided to call the police and the press to witness her humiliation.She had filed a harrassment and fraud complaint against Prerna,and as she is carted off to jail, the media will report this.Thus, making an example out of Prerna should anyone decide to take advantage of the Basu family ever again.Mohini was in awe of her daughter-in-law.This was a foolproof plan!!The officer was already sitting in the hall.Anurag would come downstairs any moment now.Komolika had requested Mohini to keep their entire plan a secret.She believed, and Mohini completely agreed,that being a chivalrous and caring man,Anurag would never agree to legally punish Prerna for this.And being a girl from a decent family, Komolika wouldn't have done this too had Prerna not forced her hand.Hearing all this, Mohini couldn't have been any prouder of Komolika than that moment.Wakayi,maine ek perfect ladki chuni apne Onu ke liye.Yeh sirf nek Dil nahi balki samajdaar bhi hai,she thought.As Anurag came downstairs,his eyes fell on the officer from the marriage registrar.That's it,Anurag thought sadly,ab iske baad Prerna ke paas aur koi option nahi hoga iss ghar ko chhorne ke alaava.Ab toh Meri Shaadi Komolika se legally ho jaegi.Uske baad Prerna ka sindoor wala argument bhi kisi kaam ka nahi rahega.Usse mujhe chhorkar ab jaana hi parega.As he sat across the officer,he saw Mohini,Nivi and Komolika enter the hall. "I am ready."Anurag said. "Ek second,baby abhi main kisi ka wait kar rahi hoon.".As Prerna and Anupam came downstairs,Anurag said,"Ab to tum ready ho na.".Before she could reply the doorbell rang.An inspector entered with a havaldaar and a lady police officer.Watching her greet,them Anurag was puzzled,"Komolika yeh sab Kya hai?".She replied smiling at him sweetly,"Abhi batati hoon,just wait a sec",she said.Taking out her phone Komolika,called a person and said,"Hello Karan,tumne press walon ko inform Kar Diya na.Main wait kar rahi hoon,kab tak ayenge woh?10 more minutes?Good.".