𝟎𝟗. 𝐬𝐮𝐫𝐩𝐫𝐢𝐬𝐞 𝐭𝐫𝐢𝐩 𝐭𝐨 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐨𝐟𝐟𝐢𝐜𝐞

Comenzar desde el principio

"Anders!" I heard Grayson yell from the course.

"What,"

"Give me a lift!"

"Fine give me a second," I said while starting the course. I quickly made my way across the beam slipping here and there due to some slippery substance on the surface of the beam, and the second mud pit with a rope to shimmy across to the other side.

"Here," I said when I reached the wall Grayson was at and I helped him up.

"Thanks," Grayson said while reaching a hand down towards me. I grabbed his hand and hoisted myself up to the top of the wall. Which we then both jumped down to the other side where the course continued with a rock wall and another pit of mud with logs to jump on which then ended connecting to the pendulums. The rock wall wasn't so bad, just that some 'rocks' were loose. The logs were another story, because of their shape you could fall easily. Miraculously I didn't and neither did Grayson. Now for the hard part, the pendulums.

"How-" I started, that is until I saw Grayson get across the beam avoiding all the pendulums. I sighed knowing I would have to try sooner or later. I looked at the situation, the pendulums were swinging in a certain way that when one swung up the other right behind it swung down. This also caused the factor that you couldn't slow down or else you would be hit by the one behind you, your speed had to stay constant. In any way you were in doubt you would have to jump over the pendulum swinging towards you and using the top bar holding the pendulums to support this crazy jump.

I walked onto the beam and dodged the first pendulum only stopping to figure out where to next. I then passed the next two knowing that I lost three seconds on the way there, meaning I would have to make the jump. Please don't fall, please don't fall

.

.

.

WACK

The last pendulum came running into me resulting in me falling into the mud pit.

"ick-" I said between laughs. I wiped the mud off my face and saw Grayson looking down at me and putting out a hand to help me up. I smirked and took his hand but instead of using it to help me up, I pulled it towards me causing Grayson to fall into the mud pit. I burst out laughing until a pile of mud fell on my face. Wiping it off I saw Grayson again, but this time laughing about what he just did.

"Oh it's on," I said while grabbing a pile of mud.

"Grayson! Charlotte! Stop playing in the mud! Get out and head to the showers!" I heard Coach Macauley scold from across the course.

--- 

I caught up to my friends after I took a shower, cleansing myself from the mud, Max, and Jackson were drenched in it.

"What happened to you guys?" I said while looking at them. They both grunted, Addy and I laughed.

"Why are you guys laughing, you didn't complete it either," Max said annoyed.

"Who told you the lies?" I said. They all looked at me, "Kidding! Kidding, I didn't make it across."

"Where's the mud?" Jackson asked.

"Showers," Addy responded.

"You guys need them too," I told the guys.

"Yeah, right whatever," Max said while heading towards the showers.

"See ya later!"

---

"Hey, Char!" Jackson said while catching up with me in the hallway.

"Hey Jack...son," I said back, "You don't mind if I call you-"

"Nope! Not at all! Call me whatever you want, at any time, anywhere," Jackson responded before I could finish.

"I was going to say if you minded if I call you Jack from now on but alright,"

"What do you think he will say when he figures out, we couldn't deliver?" I heard from around the corner. I motioned for Jack to be quiet. I plastered myself on the corner of the wall, so I couldn't be seen from the other side. I peered around the corner to get a better look at who was talking.

"And what do you think you're doing Anders?" I heard a voice from behind me. I whipped around to find that it was Lilith, just who I need.

"Absolutely nothing," I responded.

"No, I believe Miss. Lucas here is correct Miss. Anders," A man said from behind Lilith, I recognized him.

"Professor Murphy we weren't-" Jack started.

"I won't hear it, not now," Professor Murphy said.

"Anders, Whinston come along,"

"Where are we going?" I asked while following him.

"To the principal." 

---

(word count: 1309) < that's more like it

~Daliah