8

tw/ needles

the month is april, two months after the trip jake had taken mina on.

it was friday, mina felt sick so she didn't go to school. she walked to the couch and laid on the surface under a brown throw blanket that was draped over it. she decided now would probably be a good time to watch her favorite show. she drifted off watching the show. just then, she woke up, she was in an completely white room with subtle beeping. she looked over and saw a heart monitoring machine. a man wearing a long white coat entered the room.
"good you're awake!"
"what happened..? where am i?" she said hoarsely, as it was hard to speak.
"well you passed out. your friend heeseung brought you here, said you weren't breathing. i'm glad you've finally come to." he smiled at her
"w-where is heeseung?" she spoke again then tried to grab her throat as it was now in excruciating pain but she noticed her arms were strapped down to her sides
"oh you won't be seeing him any time soon." the doctors eyes flickered black and he stepped out. she tried to scream but her throat was in too much pain. all she could do was cry, tears burned her eyes as she did so. two nurses walked in but they weren't normal nurses. their faces were distorted, skin flakey, just purely horrifying. they dragged her bed out of the room, the bed had no wheels, she was being dragged. a loud metal scraping noise was echoing throughout the hallway. they stopped at the other end of the hospital, which seemed to be miles away from where she started. there was heeseung.. in a chair. slumped over. not breathing. they sat her up and the doctor walked back in. she could no longer speak. she was soon met with a thick needle pointed directly at her eyeball. her mouth opened but no sound. she squeezed her eyes shut then violently sat up and looked at her surroundings.
"that was such a realistic nightmare" she whispered to herself. she went to the bathroom and took a bath to clear her thoughts, texting jake, heeseung, and hana in a group chat together. she set her phone down and finished her bath. when she walked out, hana was cooking dinner, her mom sat on the couch scrolling through facebook.

-

mina woke up the next morning and went to the bathroom, expecting to be met with the pool of blood she typically gets every month yet, she didn't. and she hadn't for a while, she'd been waiting two weeks at this point, after already having missed march as well. what is going on.. she thought to herself. maybe it was because she wasn't eating much.. she ate a salad everyday though. she sighed and called her cousin yuna, who was a few years older than her.
"what's up?" the older girl answered "i'm busy painting with jay", mina had made jay and yuna meet and they were now dating.
"i'm two months late.." mina spoke quietly as she brushed out her hair, opting not to shower this morning since she was just going to jakes house for lunch. hana knocked on the bathroom door, needing to go. "go to my moms room!" mina shouted so the other would hear, and hana did
"what do you mean two months late? should i buy you a test?" yuna asked, grabbing jays attention now.
"could you please, and quick. me and jake are supposed meet for lunch, i'd hate to cancel"
"of course i'll be there right away!" yuna exclaimed and explained the situation to her boyfriend before rushing to the nearest drug store. she looked through the tests quickly, not knowing which to get. she decided to just buy multiple of different brands. after paying, she hopped in her car and made her way to minas house, where she was met outside by mina. mina then walked her cousin into the bathroom, hana followed because she was curious from seeing the bag. the three girls sat in the bathroom.
"what if you are... you know...?" hana asked her
"well.. i'll tell him at lunch.. who knows what will happen after... im scared.."
"don't be, i'll help you the whole way through this" yuna said happily
"our kids can grow up together if you are" hana joked. mina nodded and took the tests. she then sat on the closed toilet and stared at the counter, where all tests were laid out
"don't stare at them, it'll take longer" hana warned, causing mina to look away
"i'm just nervous.. how would i even tell him"
"um probably start with jake i'm pregnant, seems like important information" yuna laughed
"shut up i'm serious! what if he leaves me? then what?"
"don't think like that, he loves you so much, why would he leave you?" hana asked
"because maybe he doesn't want a baby" mina sighed
"guys look.." yuna pointed