just a nightmare.

The devil repeats the rules as I roll the dice,
He's says that I'll get all I want,
But each victory will come with a price

________________________

28 January 2011
9:02 am

Beads of sweat lingered onto my flushed face as the sunlight reflected onto the glassy mirror across my blackberry tinted bed; and then straight upon my eyelids, enforcing me to wake.

A groan escaped my throat as I tried to cover my eyes in an attempt to seek refuge with the fluffy pillow that was under my head just a couple moments ago.

After several minutes of fighting an internal war with Mother earth and losing against all odds, I gave up as I lifted my head from under the pillow.

Images of the last night  flashed through my mind, my head felt strewn with broken memories,

shattered fragments

begging to be pieced up back together in order to form something whole.

I remembered the dimly lit basement, the enormous boxes, the men in black, daddy, the girl, the screams and the cries, the blood and how it spilled everywhere like sprinkles of wine-

holy shit

Dad

A sinking feeling twists inside me as I realise the events that took place the night before.

The images are fleeting, and it could be my imagination, not a memory.

I tried to pry my eyelids open long enough to get a dim sense of my surroundings.

After inhaling a numbered amount of breaths to calm myself, I decided to step out of my bed.

My very very very comfortable bed, may I add.

I shivered as the tips of my toes touched the cold milky marble floor, sending tingles throughout my body.

Walking into my walk-closet; I decided to go easy on myself since it was a sunday, deciding on a baggy plain shirt that was seven times my size and a pair of black adidas trousers, a black trainer bra and matching panties, I sprinted towards the bathroom.

Stepping into the shower, I let my clothes fall freely littering the bathroom's flooring and quickly undid my braid as I twisted the tap in hope to set a suitable temperature before I would be flooded with freezing distilled water, similar to havi...

Stepping into the shower, I let my clothes fall freely littering the bathroom's flooring and quickly undid my braid as I twisted the tap in hope to set a suitable temperature before I would be flooded with freezing distilled water, similar to having a swim in the antarctic ocean.

The water sprinkled onto my small form, drowning me whole. I desperately began to scrub myself, trying to get rid of the reek of blood that lingered onto my bare skin.

After a while, I exited the bathroom clean and fresh, the drowsy feeling no longer haunting me.

My bedroom was a mess, not that it was the most elegant one in the whole mansion to began with, but I mean a literal mess