Dating a Drug Dealer

Start from the beginning

I half-smiled back at him, and kept walking with Ritchie as he sprouted off something about how his wrestling tournament that weekend was rigged because he didn't win.

We sat at a table and Ritchie kept trying to kiss me. He is eighteen, but he is still in high school. I didn't feel comfortable doing that, so I never let him move past my cheek. We sat with his wrestling buddies, who all had two trays worth of lunch to eat each, and were very loud. They would pound on the table with their fists excitedly and yell at each other as if they were at practice. Turns out, they are all football players too, but only in the fall.

When the last bell rang for the day, we were walking down the hallway when we passed Tom. Ritchie's arm was around me, with his hand on my waist. I had my books hugged to my chest, where I wore a brown long sleeve shirt layered over a white collared shirt that I paired with my dark plaid skirt and black high top converse. Ritchie snickered before he stuck out his leg and Tom tripped over it. He stumbled and fell on his face.

"Tom! Are you okay?" I asked, trying to get down to him. I felt horrible because for the duration of this entire assignment, Ritchie has been a complete asshole to him. He's been bugging him, making fun of him, bullying him, and tossing him around. And Tom couldn't do anything about it without risking the operation.

Ritchie gripped me tighter and pressed me to his side. Even when I gave him dead weight, he didn't let me go. "He's fine, babe. He's just a nerd."

"Come on," I whined, wiggling under his grasp and I even dropped my book. I stopped when Tom got back to his feet.

He stood up and brushed some of his hair back with his hand and turned around as he gingerly touched his lip and realized it was bleeding. He looked at Ritchie the way that bulls look at red capes and he lunged and tackled him to the ground.

"Oh my god," I blurted and spun out of the way as he and Ritchie fell to the floor. I backed up so I was out of their way, shocked at what I was witnessing. I had never seen Tom actively attack someone while being undercover before. Hell, I don't think I've ever seen him attack anyone ever.

"Guys!" I yelled at them as they were grunting and rolling around on the floor. I felt like I couldn't do anything without getting hurt myself, or my skirt flipping up in the shuffle. Tom eventually straddled Ritchie and gave him a quick punch to the nose.

Appalled, I bent down and grabbed at Tom's shoulders and ripped him off of Ritchie. Tom stumbled up to his feet, still staring at Ritchie like an angry bull.

"You broke my nose!" Ritchie shouted while nursing his bloody nose.

"Yeah, Ritchie. Sorry about your nose, Ritchie. Hope it heals crooked!" Tom shouted over my head, letting his sarcasm get the better of him while I pushed him back away from Ritchie. I threw him into a nearby janitors closet and quickly closed the door behind me.

We found the dim light switch and I began scolding him. "Will you take a chill pill?! What the hell is your problem? We are on a case that you probably just blew. We were on our way to meet the supplier. If I didn't know you better, I'd say you were jealous."

Tom took a breath and looked down. His silence was enough of an answer for me.