My heart was beating harder as he pulled me into a sleepy hug. Time somehow escaped me as I tried to make this moment last, nuzzling myself into his warm body. But it made it harder. My tears were dried on my cheeks. My love and my heart were breathing for this moment.

I woke up in the morning, and Tom was already out of bed. I had already talked to Fuller a couple weeks ago about taking this day off of work so I could take Tom to the airport. I got up and quickly threw on a white tank top and classic denim overalls. A lazy outfit for a distressing day.

I walked out of our bedroom and saw that he was preparing us a pot of hot chocolate in the kitchen. I got a little closer before I spoke up, "are you still planning on going to the chapel this morning?"

Tom nodded, "yeah. I just want to say goodbye, I cleaned out my desk already."

"I'll go with you," I offered.

"Okey-dokey." He looked over at me with a soft smile. "How did you sleep?"

"Better than how I'll sleep tonight," I replied honestly. I walked over to him and put my hand on his chest and gave him a lazy morning kiss. He handed me a mug of cocoa and we sat at the table together to drink it, for the last time. I glanced around the apartment, saddened to see a bundle of suitcases and depressing boxes that piled by the front door.

After our small breakfast, I excused myself to the bathroom so I could fix my hair. I could hear a slight commotion in the living room, but I ignored it and continued to brush my hair. When I walked out, I saw that all of his stuff was gone besides two suitcases.

"Where'd it all go?" I asked as I tried to find my shoes.

"Mover guys came and picked the rest up," he said.

"What about the stuff you sent yesterday?" I asked.

Tom said, "they should still be on the road. I think I'll get to Springfield before they do."

Tom and I sat on the couch together and slipped on our shoes at the same time. He was already wearing his iconic brown leather jacket, and he was ready to go.

"Where's the little man?" Tom asked as he looked around. He whistled between his fingers and called out, "Swayze! Here, boy!"

I heard a thud come from our bedroom and the sound of nails against the floor as Swayze bolted to us. Tom laughed as Swayze ran as fast as he could, stopping at Tom's legs. Tom said his painful goodbye to Swayze, who had no idea what was happening. He looked up at us with his big brown, dopey eyes and unconditional love on the brain as his tail wagged it's self into a sprain. "Who is the bestest boy? You are. You are the goodest boy. Yes, you are," Tom said in a high pitched voice while he rubbed his head.

"He is going to miss you so much," I said and bent down to give him some pets too. Swayze is only four months old, and was less than half of his adult size, so he was going to turn into a completely different dog next time Tom is able to see him.... if Swayze is still alive.

Tom told me that he took Swayze out to go to the bathroom already that morning, so I had to coax him back into the bedroom and shut the door. We have been meaning to get a crate for him, but he doesn't do any damage in the bedroom so that's where he usually goes while we aren't home. When he is older and more mature, he will be allowed to adventure around the apartment unsupervised.