The Evergreen State Killer

Start from the beginning

About a week after we got there, another girl from Evergreen State College went missing. She was last seen at the library, so that is where we went next.

We posed as just studying, when in reality, we were keeping an eye out for everyone in the building. There was one guy I noticed was there a lot, and is in a few of my classes. We accidentally made eye contact, and he grinned as he looked away. He had fluffy dark hair, and an attractive face but there was something about him that made my skin crawl.

I leaned to Tom and said rather quietly, "do you see that guy?"

Tom glanced over at him and answered, "yeah?"

"Does he look familiar to you?"

"No," he answered.

"He does to me... follow my lead," I made my voice louder so the other guy could hear me, "Tommy, I think I'm going to go home."

"Why?" He asked, playing along. I'm glad he is quick on his feet. "We just got here."

"I know, but I think I'm done for the night. But I don't want to make you leave too."

I could see the man stand up and start walking over to us. I glanced up at him as Tom was trying to rebuff and I smiled.

"Hey, I can walk you home," he offered. He wore a dark turtleneck sweater and blue jeans. His eyes were an incredible pretty blue, and his face was clean shaven, he had dark, thick eyebrows, with a sharp thin nose. Traditionally handsome.

"No thanks," Tom said as he stood up.

"No, Tom. Stay, it's okay," I shooed at him. "Mr... what's your name?"

"Chris Hagen," he greeted.

"Chris Hagen will take me home," I said with a giddy smile and I gathered my belongings.

"I don't think that is a good idea, Mick," Tom said to me with a look of disbelief. He knew what I was trying to do, but he was not too pleased.

"You would rather her walk home alone? When there is a serial killer on the loose?" Chris asked, "the school is implementing the buddy system for a reason."

"There is a buddy system?" Tom asked.

"Things have changed since you didn't go to college," I said in a low voice.

"Oh, right," he whispered back.

"I'll see you in class tomorrow, okay?" I said to Tom.

"Sure." Tom wasn't shy with his glare at Chris. Chris put on a smile, but I know he noticed.

Chris and I left the library and began walking down the street. He hooked his arm with mine, and was exceedingly charming. He complimented me, and was very nice. He almost seemed like the kind of guy you would want your parents to meet. However, I was on edge. There was something about his vibe that rubbed me the wrong way.

"I've noticed you were in some of my classes," Chris said.

"You have?" I asked.

"I mean, who can forget a face like that?"

I blushed and kept walking before I realized that we were walking the wrong way. I grabbed at Chris's arm and stopped walking.

"What are you doing?" He asked.

"My apartment is this way," I said and gestured the other direction.

"My car is just in this parking lot here." He pointed toward the direction we were going. "I can drop you off."

His persistence was making me uncomfortable, but I noticed Tom was hiding behind a bush in the corner of my eye so I kept my composure. The only source of light were the fluorescent lights that shined through the windows of the library, as well as a few scattered streetlights. Under one of those streetlights, was a 1972 Volkswagen Beetle that sat alone in the parking lot.

Ever since Quincy broke into my apartment, I have been going to the gym multiple times a week to build more muscle. I want to be physically stronger than the men who try to hurt me, and it's good for my line of work anyways. I may not be able to fight off a guy with a weapon, but at least I'll put up a good fight.

We walked up to the car and Chris asked me to wait while he grabbed something from the trunk. I had a tight knot in the pit of my stomach and I agreed. I put my hand up to my hip, gripping the handle of my hidden gun just as he reached into his trunk.

It happened fast, but I was prepared. He gripped a tire iron and wielded it at me, and I took out my gun and pointed it at him. Chris froze, his eyes grew wide and he held the tire iron above his head.

"Drop your weapon! Drop it!" I shouted.

I heard Tom's shoes pounding into the cement as he bolted over to us. He came up beside me, holding his gun at Chris.

"Do as the lady says," Tom said.

"You shoot me, you get arrested," Chris chuckled. "I know the law."

"There really is no fucking candle in that pumpkin head of yours, is there?" I asked cynically.

Tom and I flashed our badges and Chris groaned. He dropped the tire iron to his feet. He glared at me as Tom came up behind him and handcuffed him.

I went off to a payphone to call the local police department to pick up their serial killer.

I hope you this liked this one! It was inspired by the infamous serial killer, Ted Bundy! He drove a 1972 Volkswagen Beetle, and one of his alias names was Chris Hagen! Don't forget to vote and comment and follow! 😁

21 Jump Street (Tom Hanson)On viuen les histories. Descobreix ara