26: falling head over heels in love

Start from the beginning

At that exact time, the doctor came into the room and approached Jina with a little smile formed on his face. Jina and the others greeted the doctor politely and exchanged glances with each other as the doctor seems so serious.

"How are you feeling, Han Jina?"

Jina smiled, "I'm getting better. Thank you for treating me well."

The doctor smiled at her back.

"I'm glad that you're good, Han Jina. Please stay here until your wound healed."

Jina nodded and asked the doctor curiously,

"How about my baby? Are they good?"

The doctor took a moment to answer. He brushed his nape and looked at Han Jina for a long time. Jina looked at him blankly and forced herself to smile.

"They are good, right?"

Jina chuckled,

"They are good."

She paused and asked again,

"Right?"

Jina rested her hand on her tummy and gently caressed them.

"Please say something about my baby."

Heeseung quickly grabbed Jina as she tried to get off the bed and approached the doctor. He held her wrist tightly and shook his head when their gazes met. Jina parted her lips and asked for the third time.

"Please say something about my baby."

The doctor cleared his throat.

"Han Jina."

"Your baby."

****

After Heeseung and the others left, Jina was alone in the room. She stared at the scenery from the window of her room and carefully got on the bed when someone knocked on the door.
She thought it was the nurse, but it turned out to be Jake.

She looked at him from the bed and pulled the blanket around her body. She hid under the blanket and didn't want to greet or talk to Jake.
As soon as he approached her and touched her, she pushed his hand away and moved her body away from him.

Again, she groaned in pain as she moved too much. Jake anxiously looked at her and took the blanket off her body.

"Let me take a look at your wound."

He reached his hand to her tummy, and again, she slapped his hand away from her. Jake was surprised at her move. He blankly stared at her face and spoke up softly,

"Han Jina."

Jina rolled her eyes, and cut him off,

"Leave."

Jake shook his head, "Let me take a look at your wound first, Han Jina. You're in pain."

"I don't ask for your help. Leave me alone."

She coldly said, never looking at him straight into his eyes. Jake nodded, pulled the blanket around her chest again, and sat on the chair while peeling the banana that he brought for her. Jina gazed at him seriously,