~17~

"Here you go, a hundred light bulbs as promised," I said as I brought the last box of bulbs to Derek's apartment, 

"Thanks, this means a lot," Scott told me, apparently he was planning a surprise date for Kira here and wanted to do something nice for her.

"Oh, no worries, my mother had them lying around in the basement for some reason," I told him,

"No, no, I mean it, really. I owe you one, thanks a lot!" he said, I smile at him,

"No, you owe me nothing this is what friends are for!" I told him, 

"Well, you are more than just a friend to me okay? So don't categorize yourself as just that." Scott said.

My heart melted and I hugged him, he hugged me back, it was pleasant but then, 

"I heard what happened with you and Liam, you made me lose a bet!" he said,

"You know Scott, I was actually liking this hug, but then you had to remind me, didn't you!?" I scolded him,

"Okay, okay, sorry!" he said while laughing, and I punched his arm.

"Hey!! That was mean!" he complained, and I stuck my tongue out to make a face at him and ran away.

"I am gonna get back at you!!" he yelled as I left the apartment.

"We'll see!!" I yelled back with a smile.

****

"Stiles!!! Either get the ball or get out of the freaking way!" I yelled as I saw him almost getting trampled by the stampede of lacrosse players, besides me, Sherriff and Malia were panicking too. 

That idiot said he practiced! Ugh! I am not ready to lose against Brett even though I am not playing.

The referee called half time and Stiles jogged back to the bench, 

I was about to go to him when I saw that Liam was also jogging towards him.

I sighed and sat back,

After a while, I noticed that my gaze kept shifting to Liam, no matter how hard I tried to keep it diverted, it somehow managed to shift back to him but this time, he was looking at me too.

As soon as our eyes met I felt a zap of energy and instantly looked away.

Weird.

"Hey! Hey! Dad! Scott and Kira are missing and neither of them is answering! I have to go and look!" Stiles said as he came to us.

"I'll come with you," I told him and he nodded,

"There is no way I am letting you kids go alone, I am coming too," Sherriff said, and Stiles nodded,

"Want me to stay here in case he comes back?" asked Malia and Stiles nodded.

"We are taking my jeep!" he yelled as we started to run out of the field,

I sighed, of course, we are. At least I know the perfect gift for his birthday, 'Duct Tape'.

****

We were at the apartment and, Derek and Braedon were already there, standing in the midst of the broken mess.

There were glass shards all over the place, the windows were smashed, the light bulbs were broken and some were on the floor, the couch was torn and there was no sign of Scott and Kira.

"What the hell happened?" Stiles asked,

"It was supposed to be a date," replied Derek,

"They were both here?" asked Sherriff,