Whispers

*WARNING: MENTIONS OF EATING DISORDERS AND DOMESTIC AND CHILD ABUSE. IT'S ONLY BRIEF MENTIONS, SO I WILL NOT BE MARKING WHERE IT IS MENTIONED, BUT IF YOU CANNOT READ IT FEEL FREE TO MESSAGE ME OR COMMENT AND I WILL MADE EDITS AS NEEDED*

A/N: Sorry to anyone that was getting used to daily updates! I don't really have a schedule for this, because I don't want to write when I'm not inspired. I love writing, and I love writing this story, but sometimes I just can't. Also on a side note, I was in the car with my dad and I put on my bluetooth headphones and went to a playlist that consists of sad boi bops, sea shanties, being horny, and gay shit, and my dad is homophobic and I pressed shuffle, shit was on FULL volume in a silent car and the first lines were "ooh LIL PHAG ooh gay shit" and my atheist ass is praying to any god that may be that he wasn't paying attention xD. Like I love LIL PHAG's music but damn was "Deadahh" the song that had to play first as soon as I pressed shuffle? Also I got into a yelling match with my mom last night about trans rights so that was fun. Anyways enjoy the chapter! I hope your 2021 is going well :)

Hanta felt an arm leave his waist and the big mass of heat behind him leave, too. "Mina, are you still awake?" Tenya's voice asked in a whisper. He obviously didn't realize than Hanta was still awake.

Hanta made his arm go as limp as possible as a hand grabbed his wrist, lifted it off of his girlfriend's waist, and laid it gently on the bed. "What's up? You can't fall asleep either?"

"How could anyone fall asleep after that?" Hanta felt the bed adjust as the two other bodies on it got off of it. "I'm too pissed to sleep."

"Yeah, me too," Mina said quietly. She let out what sounded like a heavy sigh. "What are we gonna do about this? 'Cause I wanna kill the sons of bitches, but Hanta would be pissed at himself if I ended up in jail over them."

"I think I'll call my parents tomorrow and have them get in touch with our lawyer. I texted Tensei about it earlier, and he said that I need to get some adults involved sooner rather than later, since every day that goes by makes it less and less likely that the guys who did that to him will be prosecuted, especially since they're still minors," Tenya explained, still not knowing that Hanta was awake. "I know Hanta doesn't want us to do anything involving them, but I'm gonna have a hard time calming down about it until those fuckers are in jail and Hanta is in therapy."

"He's not gonna wanna go to therapy," Mina stated. "Has he told you about how he had bulimia in middle school?" Hanta didn't hear a response, but knew there was a shaking head attached to broad shoulders behind him. "Well, it started about when his mom started checking out mentally, like when she stopped arguing with his dad every time he got drunk and beat Hanta. When his parents got into those arguments, his mom would get beaten, too, and eventually, Hanta said that she was just a shell of her old self. It was like a flip switched one day, and she stopped fighting his dad when he hit Hanta. Something there just triggered a lot of self-hate and he thought that he was fat even though he was already a little underweight, and he ended up suffering from bulimia for two years." Hanta was trying not to cry, thinking of his mom. She was so happy before his dad started drinking. It really hurt to remember her laugh and her smile, but Hanta didn't want to interrupt them.

"That's horrible," Tenya said softly, almost to where Hanta wouldn't hear. "Sounds like... I might have to talk to those lawyers about his parents losing custody, too, then."

"Yeah, but then he'd be put into the foster system if no one took custody of him," Mina sighed. "Kiri and I knew a few people from our old school that were in the foster system. You probably haven't encountered many foster kids since you went to Somei, but those kids were in really bad situations more often than not."

"Maybe Aizawa Sensei would consider fostering him," Tenya said thoughtfully. "Although, that would be a lot to ask of him and Present Mic since they've already adopted Shinsou and Eri."