𝘧𝘰𝘳𝘵𝘺-𝘧𝘪𝘷𝘦.

Start from the beginning

Aeryn's eyebrows slowly furrowed, puzzeld at what Murphy had just said. She didn't know whether or not he was joking nor what he was referring to when he said that.

It just seemed...dark.

"I'm only joking. You should probably go catch some sleep. I'll take it from here." the fellow Imperial officer, then, proceeded to take the clipboard from Aeryn's hand. "Go. Rest."

After several blinks, Aeryn finally decided to leave the activation room of the Dark Troopers, hoping to get some rest. Though she lied about not getting enough sleep, she still needed to clear her mind off things.

Especially when there was nothing she could think about but death.

*¨༺ ༻¨*˙

THE MANDALORIAN, along with the child, were travelling across the galaxy; headed for Trython.

It was still odd for them to travel without Aeryn but Din knew that somehow, he should overcome it. He should be able to overcome the sadness dominating him every time he looked at the vacant seat behind him where Aeryn used to always stay.

He must. For the child.

Grogu rested at the former seat of Aeryn, his eyes fixated at the controls right in front of him.

Though Din wasn't able to talk with the child, he very much knew that Grogu missed Aeryn as well. From what he had heard from Ahsoka, he must have been hurt. Especially when he was the one who heard Aeryn's bid of farewell.

"Grogu." Din called which immediately caught the child's attention.

Din chuckled when Grogu responded and turned to look at another direction.

"Grogu?" The child cooed at Din which made the Mandalorian chuckle, once again. "Give me the ball."

Din outstretched his hand to Grogu. "Grogu, give me the ball. Come on."

He was finally able to take it from the child. He, then, proceeded to hold it up in the air with his fingers.

"Okay, here we go." Din leaned a little bit closer to Grogu. "You can have it, just like before. Grogu, come on. You can have it. Come on."

Just like how it was in Corvus, Grogu was able to take the ball out of Din's hand in just a blink of an eyes. This, of course, did not fail to amaze the Mandalorian

"Dank farrik!" Din exclaimed in excitement, unintentionally scaring the child. "Hey, no. I'm not mad at you. You did good. I just... When the nice lady said you had training, I just..."

The Mandalorian paused, gathering the right words. He couldn't help but think that if Aeryn was here, she knew exactl what to say. Heck, she wouldn't even let him curse in front of the child.

A short, sharp sigh escaped Din's lips.

"You're very special, kid." his eyes were focused om the child who only cooed in reply. "We're gonna find that place you belong and they're gonna take real good care of you. Just like what Aeryn wanted."

Gorgu's ears suddenly fell at the mention of Aeryn's name. Din only let out another sigh and proceeded to manuever the Razor Crest.

If only Aeryn were here.

*¨༺ ༻¨*˙

SEVERAL HOURS HAVE PASSED ever since they last extracted blood from Aeryn.

Sure, Aeryn was able to get some rest few hours prior her blood extraction and yet, fatigue was like bricks of metal all throughout her body. It was how she usually felt like every time it ends and yet, she was nowhere near getting used to it.