CHAPTER 44

DRACO'S POV

She let out an agonising scream before falling into the snow. I ran towards her and fell to my knees beside her.

"Oh Merlin" I mumbled, "What have I done ?"

The next few minutes were a blur, and Y/N was being rushed to the infirmary. I followed behind.

She was going to die because of me. The person I love the most was going to die because of me. I shouldn't have been so fucking stupid.

I let the tears flow. There was such a slim chance of her surviving. I could feel my chest getting tighter and tighter at the thought and I began to hyperventilate as it fully set in.

Dead. Dead. Dead.

She's going to be dead within hours. Minutes. Seconds.

I couldn't stop the thoughts from consuming me and before I knew it I had made it to the hospital ward. Everyone was rushing around. Madame Pomfrey was casing diagnostic charms. Snape was brewing all sorts of potions and Dumbledore was stood over her looking- calm. Why the fuck did he look so calm ?

He pulled a box from his robe and opened it revealing some sort of little gem looking stone. I watched as he levitated it above his hand and guided it towards her pale body. He had it levitating over her heart before he used his hand and it started to glow above her and then it was gone. Did he just put some sort of stone in her heart ? What is going on ?

I started to feel dizzy and found myself stumbling towards the wall to steady myself. Black spots started to appear in front of my vision and I slid down the wall with my head in my hands. I felt sick and I could feel the bile in my throat. I heard the Infirmary doors swing open and I looked up to see Dumbledore.

"She will be okay" He smiled down at me.

I said nothing and continued to stare up at him. How could he say that so casually ? How did he save her.

"All will make sense in due time" He said walking back through the double doors.

Trust him to give me some sort of stupid fucking riddle right now. I lifted my head up. The spots had cleared and slowly I pulled myself up from the floor. I walked through the doors and my eyes instantly landed back on her.

I could see her chest softly falling. It was only very slight, like she was hanging on by a thread. I could feel my eyes begin to water again. I pushed myself forward and sat beside her. Hesitantly I took her hand in mine. Her hand was freezing. I wrapped both my hands around her cold one.

I must have fallen asleep, because when I woke up her hand was still in mine but the room was now surrounded by darkness. I decided that it would be best to leave and get some sleep. I didn't know when she was going to wake up, and I know she doesn't want to see me.

I trudged back to the Slytherin common room. It wasn't a long journey, but as soon as I entered my room and hit my bed I was fast asleep. It felt like I hadn't slept in days and now it had all caught up to me. My sleep was far from peaceful.

"I know it's you who cursed me!"

"You tried to kill me!" She cried.

"I'll never forgive you!"

I woke up in a sweat. Tangled in the green sheet of my bed. She's never going to forgive me.