Chapter Fifty One - Spain

Henry and I were about to leave for our trip to Spain, we made our way down to the dock.We were happy, laughing and smiling as he pulled me into a kiss, before we made our way onto the ship. We bored the ship in prayer of a bright future.

Spain was clearly different that England it was nice and warm but the journey to the palace was longer than the voyage, The two of us arrived safely though and we were greeted by an entourage.

"King Henry, Queen Hope, I am Rodrigo de Puebla." he bowed  "Welcome to the Alhambra." he guided us inside and through the open setting the palace. Be bold to a clothed screen, I presumed Queen Isabella and King Ferdinand sat behind there. We showed our respect.

"Your Graces. Princess Catalina of Aragon" Señor De Puebla introduced

Catherine dance

Young Catherine and her dancers departed, Rodrigo walked out once the floor was clear.

"Your Graces. I present Queen Isabel de Castilla  and King Fernando de Aragon." he bowed to them "Protectors of the Catholic faith. Our country's beloved mother and father. Your Graces." the curtain was puled back and we were welcomed forward

"I present King Henry VII of England and his Queen Hope." I curtsied

"Thank you for the wonderful dancing. We are most charmed by your daughter. We are honoured to visit your most beautiful palace." The sat their more stone faced than Lady Margaret. "It has long been my wish to form an alliance between our two great nations of our son and heir, Prince Arthur and Princess Catherine."

"We will speak in Spanish" Queen Isabella replied. Rodrigo came forward

"Your Graces. The King speaks only English, French and Flemish." he replied

"I speak Spanish, your Grace." I dared to speak up speaking fluently

"You speak well for someone across an ocean." she commented turning her attention to me.

"My father gave me a refined education compared to the rest of my family, I hope you will excuse me if I am a bit...rusty" I spoke the last word in English.

"You saw our daughter Catalina." Isabella spoke English "She is beautiful and rich. Daughter to the tightest land in Europe." I glanced at Henry he looked a little offended

"Have the rid themselves of the two pretenders?" Ferdinand questioned his wife

"No, they have not. Our daughter, the most prized possession on the marriage market, and they come here to weak to put their house in order." she replied

"In all honesty, your Grace. There is only one pretender. The other is family who is kept in his housing for more his safety than ours. He is a delicate young man and my cousin. Though I understand the confusion, I would also remind you woman to woman that though we speak of peace and a treaty between our two nations, it is disrespectful to talk about someone when they are standing right in front of you." She raised her eyebrow at me. "Why don't we both show each other respect that the other deserves. Get of to a good start."

"Then there is no need for further beating around the bush. Dispose of both York claimants, the boy who says he is your brother and the Earl of Warwick."

"Like I said, only one threat."

"Both are threats until they are not. The boy gathers support, they bring war and soon there is a different King. Why should we give our daughter to a throne that will be snatched from under her. Be rid of them. When there is only one heir to the English throne, then we will talk about a marriage. Until that day, we do not sign. England is alone."  she stated without missing a beat.

"Are you clear on what you must do?" Ferdinand questioned

"I think the little girl understands me perfectly. Say it is about the Pope." I turned to Henry

"She says both Arthur and Catherine are still young. She wishes for a papal disposition which will take time." I lied then I stumbled backwards and groaned

"Hope, Hope what is it?" I clutched my head I was having a seeing, it had been years since I had one, I watched what played before me then I looked up scared.

"You lie." I groaned "If we set this course you will try to keep her, you will lie and cheat us till we have nothing left."

"You have the sight?" she sat forward "What have you seen?"

"You are the mightiest country who likes to play games. But it will bring you bad fortune, it will bring your downfall, the ones you love will try and tear your life long work apart and England will be left in the fall out. One by one your children will fall unless you make peace." I leaned against Henry drained of my strength.

"Take your Queen back to your ship, but do not depart just yet." I heard Isabella speak in English before I past out.

------

I groaned opening my eyes, my head hurt and I touched it. I willed myself to sit up and I hit something hard.

"Hope! Hope!" I heard Henry

"Not so loud, Henry. My head feels like is has been in the middle of a ringing bell." I groaned, his blurry figure became clearer and I saw how worried he was.

"What is it? What happened?" he questioned

"What do you mean? Where am I?" I looked around then back at him

"We're back on the ship, I brought you hear from the Alhambra." What on earth he was talking about.

"The Alhambra, Henry you're making no sense. Where are the children?" I question, I was with the children, I hope they were being taken care of and weren't given that much of a fright.

"They are at home, Hope. What is the matter? you don't seem yourself. You fainted  after speaking with Queen Isabella."

"Of Castile? But she's in Spain" his face went more paler than normal, he stood and left me more confused than before. A physician came to see me and ask me questions which I answered. Then he talked in hushed tone with my husband before he left. Henry came to sit next to me.

"Hope, we are in Spain." he started "We came here to speak with Queen Isabella and King Ferdinand, you talked with them about a marriage between their daughter Catherine and Arthur."

"But that's impossible, I would know if we were in Spain." I choked out a laugh

"Before you fainted, you stumbled back as if you were in pain, then you said something to the Queen and it scared her, she sent us back here and asked us not to leave just yet. The physician cannot explained what happened." I shook my head remembering nothing of this. There was a knock at the door and Henry answered it. he was handed something then closed the door again.

"It's from Isabella of Castile." he handed it to me. I opened it and scanned through it. "What does she say."

"She says that thanks to my warning, she will talk with the Pope of a Papal disposition, once he has agreed she will officially agreed to a marriage between our children. Though she recommends that I remove any threats to the throne for our sake more than hers. Then she bids me a safe journey." i summarised

"What warning?" he asked

"I don't remember." I looked up at him shocked