𝘧𝘰𝘳𝘵𝘺-𝘵𝘸𝘰.

Start from the beginning

"He’s formed a strong attachment to you." Ahsoka stated. "I see, not only you but a woman as well."

This caught the Mandalorian's attention. He immediately turned to see Ahsoka already observing the two of them.

"You have lost something--no. You have lost someone." Ahsoka's eyes shifted from Grogu to Din. "She...told Grogu that she was sorry for breaking her promise to you. For leaving you."

Gorgu's ears fell while Din's eyes suddenly took interest on the ground. Hearing what the Jedi had just said only kept shattering his heart. It was just too much.

Ahsoka took a deep sigh.

"I cannot train him."

"What? Why not? You’ve seen what he can do." Din stood up.

"His attachment to you makes him vulnerable to his fears. His anger. He does not want to lose you as well. Not when he had already lost someone else."

This caught Din offguard and yet, he continued to argue.

"All the more reason to train him."

"No. I’ve seen what such feelings can do to a fully trained Jedi Knight. To the best of us. I will not start this child down that path. Better to let his abilities fade. I’ve delayed too long. I must get back to the village."

Ahsoka turned her back to the Mandalorian and the child. She began to walk away.

"The Magistrate sent me to kill you."

With those words, the Jedi stopped on her tracks.

*¨༺ ༻¨*˙

AERYN MAVEK STOOD IN FRONT of a crimson metal door with determination flowing through her veins.

She was in great pain and yet she was eager to find answers. If not answers, she was at least hoping to find some enlightenment with one of the creatures she trusted the most.

It was not easy to leave everything behind. It was not easy to leave your family behind especially when they were all you had for a very long time.

It was difficult for Aeryn to let go of Din and that was why for hours, her heart continuosly shattered. Her world continuously crumbled.

The crimson door suddenly opened and yes, it was still an automatic door. Only this time, she did not fall face first nor was she the one who opened it.

"Took you long enough." a familiar female voice suddenly spoke.

Aeryn's eyes lingered at the awfully familiar short, orange creature standing right in front of her. She still had a wide, round face and the extremely huge glasses she wore the last time Aeryn visited.

"Maz," Aeryn marvelled and her arms were suddenly wrapped around Maz Kanata's small body.

"It's been long, Aeryn." Maz hugged Aeryn back. "Did you find Din Djarin?"

The violet-eyed girl couldn't help but feel defeated, once again. It was as if all the agonizing pain and suffering she had felt a few hours prior had returned to her. She felt weak and yet, no tears left her eyes. She had cried all her tears already.

"I see." Maz whispered and let go of Aeryn.

The orange creature took a moment to look at Aeryn's violet eyes and gently held both of her hands.