After I slip on my trench coat seeing it's still very cold outside, as well as one of the dark red heavy emergency scarfs I keep around, and my black leather gloves.

I shut my office door and walk down the hallways waving to some people in cubicles and into the elevator. I remove one of my gloves and reach into my purse grabbing my phone. 

I skim through my email again and also grab my keys ahead of time when my phone rings. I slip my glove on and put my keys in my left hand after zipping my purse and my phone in my right and say,

"Hello?"

"Hey, Nataza!" 

It's Anastasia.

"Hey, what's up?"

"Oh nothing, I was just wondering when you were going to come by? Its been a week or so"

I sigh knowing she's right, it has been a bit since I've seen her. I nod and realizing she can't see me I say yeah into the phone telling her I will probably drop by this weekend. 

We agree and say we love each other and that's that.

I slip my phone into my purse and hold onto the strap as the elevator dings signaling its ground floor. 

Considering it's 6 pm the floor of the lobby is still pretty busy, not as such as before but still busy. 

Guess none of us have anything better to do with our lives. 

I wave at a few people again and as I'm about to step out I hear my name called. I turn around and Daniel one of the people whose article I had corrected is walking over to me.

"Hey!" he says

"Oh hey Daniel, how's your evening?" I say being polite 

"It's great! and yours?" 

"Ah yes, it is an evening,-" I say awkwardly, I cough and continue "Sorry, but was there something you needed?"

He shakes his head as if he had just remembered. 

"Yes! Miriam just accepted my article as the 2nd page for this week's online edition!" He says excitedly. 

Oh wow. Basically, we have rankings 1 being the best 2nd being 2nd, etc of course each person aims to get a page but very few people from the beginners make it to the cover page let alone within the top 5. 

My article when I first arrived here 4 months ago made it to the cover page, and then I got promoted to editor and communications.

"Wow! congratulations Daniel you must be very proud!" I say squeezing his arm gently. 

"Yes, but I wanted to say thank you! Without you, I think my grammatical errors would have been what the story was about" He said laughing.

I smile in return and shake my head, "It's my job daniel-" I wave about to walk out before remembering something, "- Daniel!" 

"Yes Ma'am?" 

"Be at my office tomorrow morning at 9 AM I have some things I need you to do" I say 

"Oki Doki! See you then!"

I nod and walk out the door breathing in the chilling air. I jog to my car being careful to not slip with these heels, you never know what icy weather could do to you.

I did a quick run to the store buying the essentials, gummy bears, Reeses, some take out from a taco place and went home.

I pulled up to my apartment complex and parked the car, locking it with a fob and doing the usual double-check in my purse. I shuffle for a sec moving my bag with food to my left hand and my house keys in the right. 

I readjust my purse strap walking through the glass doors, I smile at some of the people sitting in the lobby and press the button for the elevator. 

Eventually, I make it to my 5th-floor door and smile at a few of my neighbors walking by or talking in front of their doors.

I reach my apartments beige blue door and unlock it, I shut the door behind me and drop my keys in the bowl on a small table near the door and hang my purse and jacket up on the hangers next to that. 

My apartments not elegant but cozy, I have a 1/2 hallway. There are a few steps of a solid wall on my left and right. Then on the right, opens up to the kitchen that is relatively small with a Samsung fridge (gotta splurge sometimes y'all....) and a small island. It has marble surfacing and black cabinets that I had put in.

In the hallway to the left, there is the door to the laundry room a few steps away from the front door,  and a bathroom directly after that, on the other side of the hallway there is the kitchen, and further down the living room in the same room but in between the couch at the far end and the kitchen at the beginning is a 6 person dining room table with a small light fixture above.

I have white Christmas lights all over the wall the TV is on, and all over the kitchen cabinets on the outsides, so it's easy for me to work in there.

I hear the tapping of Beyer's paws on the wood floor. I kneel down and we have a sweet little moment, scratching his head I kiss it and walk into the living/dining/room kitchen thing. 

I admire the lights for a sec and how large the room is. I walk to the far end into the living room looking out the window I have. 

I change into some blue skinny jeans and a simple black tank top and my brown hair in a messy bun and of course some fuzzy socks.

I place the food on the kitchen counter island and sigh taking it out watching Grey's Anatomy on Netflix, Beyer falling asleep on the couch next to me I start to doze off. 

Right before I fall I hear the doorbell ring. I shake my head and stand up, glancing over at Beyer and he's looking at me with a look that says it's not my turn to get it

I roll my eyes and walk to the door and unlock it glancing to the left where all my stuff is hanging or in the bowl and at the mirror seeing how horrific I look but still opened the door. 

I don't know what's scarier, watching The Nun movie in 3D or the dark grey eyes that meet mine when I open the door. 

"So this is where you've been hiding baby?"

                                                                                        &&

I thought you all deserved a long 1,600-word chapter for waiting so dang long :)

Hope you enjoy 

Mads :)