I hate you

Y/n L/n and Hermione Granger-sworn enemies, it was no surprise to anyone that the two absolute opposites of Hogwarts hated each other or so they thought.

Everyday they'd be caught bickering, sending nasty glances to each other, or trying to one up the other just to show off. Both girls told themselves they hated the other but there was something there that no one could deny but what it was no one knew, it was confusing how two people who hated each other worked so well together and managed to be around each other a lot, usually if you hated someone you wouldn't want to be around them but for these two girls it was different-very different.

They loved each other's company in a different way of course, they loved it because they could piss the other off by making a snide comment or showing off, they loved it because though they wouldn't admit this to anyone it was something to remind them that their just kids, when their In one another's presence it feels like there's no war looming over them, they feel free, they feel safe.

Y/n L/n never called Hermione a mud blood but sometimes she hoped she did just to wipe off that stupid smirk she found herself constantly transfixed on. Y/n has limits when it comes to making fun of Hermione: 1. No making fun of blood, 2. No making fun of her appearance and lastly 3. No physical violence. Y/n doesn't believe in blood superiority and everyone knows that, Y/n fights people but only when they really deserve it-like Malfoy when he called Hermione a mud blood, she marched over to him in second year and punched him in the nose she didn't and still doesn't know why she punched Malfoy for calling Hermione a mud blood when she hated the girl too, she just didn't like the fact that someone else was making fun of Hermione, only she was allowed to do that, and lastly Y/n didn't make fun of Hermione's appearance because even she had to admit Hermione was beautiful-more than half the school wanted her, and Y/n would just be a hypocrite to make fun of someone she thinks is attractive for their looks.

Hermione on the other hand doesn't know why the thought of Y/n L/n irks her so much and she doesn't understand why she wants to be near y/n all the time when all they do is annoy each other immensely. Hermione needed a challenge and Y/n L/n was indeed a challenge but Hermione loved it, she loved when she would make Y/n speechless with her comebacks, she loved the look of anger on y/n's face when she outsmarted y/n, and lastly she loved how whenever she was near y/n her stress levels would decrease and she could relax and act like a child again.

It was a dark cloudy day outside and Y/n was looking for trouble, to be more clear y/n was looking for Hermione, she wanted to pick a fight, she wanted to feel normal for a little bit, she also wanted to annoy the girl.

Crash

Y/n bumped into a certain bushy haired girl, and discreetly smiled, she kind of missed her but only because she wanted to make fun of her atleast thats what y/n told herself.

"Oh just the girl i was looking for" Y/n said in an obnoxious sing song tone.

"Awe im flattered you missed me but unfortunately the feeling isn't mutual" Hermione smirked at Y/n's taken aback face.

"Who said I missed you, I just missed messing with you" Y/n spat, angry that again Hermione had a comeback that was better than hers.

"It's ok to be in denial Y/n that just means your one step closer to recovery but don't worry I'd still judge you either way" Hermione winked and with that she walked away with that damn smirk.

Ugh I hate her

Y/n thought as she grumbled curse words and walked down the corridors again, the anxious feeling came back to Y/n, Y/n hated it but it only seemed to go away when she was in the presence of Hermione.