"I rule Manhattan with you. That's final" I said, storming off. Jack stared at me and turned around, continuing his lecture on the strike. Man am I pissed! The circulation bell starts to ring and I doubled back to Jack and the other newsies.

"Anybody hear that?" Jack said, patting my back and nodding, referring to my previous statement.

"No!" the newsies yelled.

"So what are we gonna do about it?" I yelled.

"Soak 'em!" the newsies chorused. We ran in and started ripping the newspapers and tipping carts, trashing the place. I tried to break into the room Weasel and the Delancey's were hiding.

"I'm gonna crack your dome!" Morris yelled and I smirked. Suddenly we heard whistles and saw the cops riding in.

"Cheese it! Cheese it, it's the bulls!" Jack yelled and we all started to run. I looked back and saw Crutchy still ripping papers.

"Crutchy! Scram! Scram!" I yelled. He got his crutch and hobbled out, but not fast enough. The Delancey brothers grabbed him, pulling him away with their fists raised.

"No" I yelled and ran back towards them.

"Delancey let go of him" I yelled. They didn't stop walking and I pulled out my staff, raising it into the air. Suddenly a hand grabbed me and covered my mouth. I screamed and started kicking. Crutchy was dragged away and I heard screams and soaking sounds. I broke. Tears cascaded down my face. I was strong and showed no sympathy to others, but if my newsies were hurt and I couldn't do anything about it, I couldn't stand. The hands loosened and soon let go. I turned around and came face to face with Spot.

"How could you?" I whispered.

"You would've gotten yourself hurt." he said.

"It's not about me. It's about Crutchy. Don't you see he has no way to defend himself?" I ranted, sliding down onto the floor and burying my face into my hands, crying. He pulled me up and took my hands off my face.

"You know you can't do anything for him. This was going to happen to him one way or another" he said. I stared at him in horror.

"Stop!" I muttered and started to run, away from Spot, and Crutchy. I burst into Tibby's and sat down at an empty booth, slamming my staff down onto the table.

"Hey Tempest, what happened?" Mush asked, sliding next to me. Blink, Race, and Jack sat across.

"Crutchy got soaked by the Delancey's. Taken to the refuge" I muttered, banging my fist on the table. They all looked at me.

"You are busting him out of the refuge tonight. I have business to attend to. Revenge" I muttered, and stood up. I stared at Mush who finally got the hint and moved out of the way. I walked out of Tibby's and started towards Brooklyn. It was already 8 and I had matters to finish. It was peaceful in Brooklyn, nobody was crowding the streets. There was a large shape lumbering towards me. I peered at him, smelling the beer from a distance. I stepped aside, allowing him to pass by but he grabbed my by my shoulders and pushed me into an alleyway.

"Get off of me" I yelled. He tried to strip me, and I screamed. I kicked him in the area and watched him stumble as I hit him over the head with my staff. Blood spewed everywhere and I was thrown back. The man was now unconscious.

"Tempest?" someone asked. I turned around and Spot was standing at the entrance of the alleyway.

"Spot... " I stumbled towards him. He ran towards me and I fell towards the ground.

Spot's POV-

I heard a scream and decided to check it out. There was a guy who was trying to strip this girl. She clubbed him over the head with this stick and was knocked over.

"Tempest" I exclaimed, suddenly realizing who it was.

"Spot..." she said and stumbled over to me. I ran to her and caught her right as she fell. There was blood everywhere. I lifted her up and carried her towards the bridge.

"I'm fine." she whispered and I lowered her onto the ground.

"God!" she said and steadied herself.

"Youse ok?" I asked.

"Looks like you really do care about me" she said as we sat on the boardwalk. I smirked and looked away.

"Hey, thanks back there..." she muttered. I looked back at her, raising an eyebrow. She blushed and started rinsing her staff in the water.

"Do you like me?" I asked. She stared at the ground stone faced.

"Hey" I whispered. She turned her head and looked at me. I kissed her.

Tempest's POV-

"Hey" Spot said and I turned to look at him. Then he kissed me. It caught me by surprise but then after a few seconds I kissed back. We broke apart and stared at each other. I finally laughed and hugged him.

"I guess that means you'll be my girl?" he whispered. Straightforward. Very straightforward... but that was New York for you.

"Whatever" I smirked.

"I gotta get back" I said standing up.

"You'll be ok?" he asked.

"Fine" I replied and started back towards Manhattan. As I predicted, Spot sent one of his little birds to follow me.

"You can get out from the bush" I said without turning around. A little newsie crawled out and walked over, hanging his head shamefully.

"It's ok. Just tell Spot Tempest is gonna make sure you don't get hurt. If he asks you" I smiled. His face brightened and he ran back towards Brooklyn. I walked into the lodging house and saw that the boys were awake and talking.

"Hey boys!" I said, climbing onto my bunk, the one on top of Mush's.

"Heya Tempest" they said.

"Aren't Jack and David busting Crutchy out?" I asked.

"Yeah" Race said.

"Where are they?" I asked again.

"When Jack and David got to the refuge, they found out that the Delancey Brothers fixed him so he can't walk anymore. Not very well at least. He's still at the refuge" Blink explained. I hung my head and laid down. I'll get you out Crutchy. Delancey's, you better run. Once a Tempest starts, it'll never stop until it gets what it wants.