Chapter 10

TESSAS POV

        The breakfast that morning was quiet. No one really talking and me just looking down and eating. Why should I be the one having to look down? It should be Will, he is the one who said all of those horrible things to me. I straighten and look up and straight ahead like a lady should.

        I don't need a man, no woman needs a man. Sure, what he said hurt like hell but I can't let him know that.

        That day James, Will and I were going to go find some information from a man named Alesana Starkweather. He was a demon hunter like James and Will. 

        Once we got into the carriage after breakfast we had to think of a plan because there was no way he would say anything to a warlock/spark/whatever I am.

"Well, normally sparks have a tell, something that gives away that they are a spark." said James.

"But Tessa, you don't have one. You look like a mundane, we could say that you are my finacee and that you are going to transfer into a demon hunter." He continued.

"Or we could say that she is just a poor little mundane girl that found herself in love with me and follows me everywhere." said Will.

"Will, I think you give my acting too much credit, I can't even say the words "I love you, Will." without rolling my eyes." James quietly laughed and will just gave a sarcastic smile.

"If I am going to pretend to be your fiancee, James, won't I need a ring?"
"Yes, here I have one." he pulls a ring that is golden with a emerald in the middle, it was beautiful but I was surprised I thought that he had just thought of that plan on the spot but he has obviously been planning.

"Its beautiful." I say as he slips it onto my finger.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

        We finally arrived at the house and we walked inside. We talked with him for a while then he tooks us to see his collection.

"I used to hunt when I was younger."

        I see vampire fangs in a small glass case, then werewolf claws in another, but then I see horns. Some of the tells that warlocks have are horns.

"Wh-where did you get those" I say pointing to the horns hoping that they wernt from a warlock.

"Those are just from a warlock, warlocks are what I mostly hunted." he says

"Oh." I say and I just started to breathe really heavy.

James whispered in my ear "Are you okay?" and Will looked at me then at him and nodded at him.

"Mr.Starkweather, perhaps we should move on." said Will.

"I-I think that I, um, need to go get some fresh air actually." I try to say normally.

        Then I practically ran outside and sat on the porch steps. I was breathing uncontrably.

Then James came and sat down next to me. "Its okay, Tessa, he wont even know that you are one of them. I wont let him hurt you okay." he says giving me a reassuring smile.

        I nod even though it doesnt help that much.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

        I woke up that night screaming and Will came into my room like he normally does.

"Tess! Tess! Its okay, its okay." he says

        I nod and try to slow my breathing.

"Damn that Starkweather for showing you those wretched things. Is there anything I can do?"

        I shake my head."

"Will?"

"Yea?"

"Say that you didn't mean what you said on the roof."

"Oh, Tess, you know I can't do that."

        I sigh.

"Then leave. Don't pretend that you care when you don't."

        He looks at me with eyes that look hurt but then he leaves.

=============================================================================

        :DDDDD ILL UPDATE SOON