I don't even know when the last time I've spent free time with her was!

She personally trains Haruki amongst many other things, she babies Katsuro and Hiko like crazy whenever they're home, and Daisuke takes up 95% of her attention regardless. There's no space left for me.

And although I still find it a bit unfair, I don't blame her for the Daisuke situation. It just sucks....

"It's fine, I just haven't seen Katsuro in a while so it might be awkward." I say, easily deflecting off of my issues with my mom to my issues with my brother.

It's not like I'm lying, seeing Katsuro is always a little weird!

"Hmmm, you're a terrible liar just like she is. But I'll take it. Go to her before she screams my left ear off, Sakura's already burst my right eardrum. I'm trying to preserve the senses I have left." He says with a bright smile.

I could never take him seriously

"You know for someone who says my mom is all weak, you sure do seem scared of her sometimes." I wonder as he helps me out of the lake.

"Your mother is a menace to society who disguises herself in those dresses that make her look innocent, I have every right to keep my cautions around that demon."

My eyebrows raise, sure my mom and I fight all the time. But is she a demon? Nah, she's so soft spoken with us I could never imagine her doing anything to hurt anybody.

I still find it hard to believe that she was a kunoichi back in her day!

"Demon?! But she's so......."

"Sweet? Nice? Don't demons deceive and shit? Sleep with one eye open Runa, you're sleeping under the roof of a violent little woman-"

"Oh my god give me a break if anyone here is a demon it's you, who goes to the store at 2 AM to buy his pregnant wife some snacks that she's craving, only to forget what he went there for and buys candy instead?! That's a true monster." Auntie Sakura claimed, placing her hand on her swollen stomach and glaring at Shinji.

"It was one time!"

.....Yeah, I think it's time for me to start heading home.

•••••••••••

The walk back home is uneventful, after I dried off at uncle Shinji's house I didn't take any detours and instead thought to myself.

I should really talk to Haruki, the way she acted today at school was really out of character! She spent the whole day sending Sumire quite the side-eye, and I'm honestly surprised no one else seemed to notice.

Not even Inojin, who was by her side all day!

I have to know, the thought is eating me up inside! Sweet and sensitive Haruki finally finding a flaw in somebody?! I have no clue as to what it could be, if anything, Sumire reminded me of Haruki!

Their personalities are similar from what I could tell, the only difference being that Sumire had no qualms talking to Boruto.

Wait....maybe that's it!

What if Haruki is jealous?!

I walk up to my door with this new gossip brewing in my mind, suddenly excited to come home and get her to spill whatever's on her mind.

Inojin is probably with her, I think to myself, knowing that I saw them walk off together after school with their hands intertwined with one another's.