Thirty

Kaimana

Waking up today was one of the best feelings I've had in a while. I turned over on my side to be faced with AJ's handsome face. He stirred in his sleep, groaning then tightening his embrace on me. I smiled at the cute little faces he made in his sleep before returning it to the usual blank one.

I lay there staring at him, reminiscing on the night before and all that we had been through up untiil now. To say we've been through a lot is an understatement, it's amazing how we've managed to hold on to each other being that it's only been a good four months and we're not even in a relationship.

I guess it's true when people say when it's real you don't really need a title. All we need is the understanding the two of us share. I understand his love and feelings and vice versa.

I heard him groan then saw his eyes flutter before he completely opened them.

"G'morning, sunshine." I joked, smiling at him.

"Mm, mornin'." He cracked a smile, reaching his arms above his head, stretching then quickly wrapping them back around me.

"How you sleep?" I asked, messing with the mess of curls that sat on top of his head.

"Good, you, baybeh?"

"Well, nice, nice." I giggled still messing with his hair.

"Hmm, why is that?"

"Boy, you knew." I laughed, shaking my head.

"You hungry?"

"Starving." I dramatically responded with a smile.

"Let's go." He sat up, pulling me with him.

AJ rose from the bed then lifted me and I wrapped my leg around his body. He was about to walk to the bathroom but he stopped, walking back to his nightstand. Leaning down, he opened the drawer and grabbed a condom.

"Really?" I laughed, shaking my head at him.

"Gotta get my morning workout in." He smirked, carrying me to the bathroom.

"Well, make it fast before Baby wakes up."

--

"One more hour." I mumbled to myself, leaning against my register.

I was called in to work while AJ and I were lounging around with Dy'mond. He didn't want me to go because it was our only shared off day but I had to.

I almost had enough money saved to move into an apartment of my own. I wasn't sure how soon I would but I knew I wanted to. I have yet to tell August because I know he's going to do everything in his power to get me to stay with him.

It's not that I don't like staying with him, I've been enjoying it since we're on good terms again but I don't want to feel like I'm doing things too quickly. Especially since we're not in a relationship.

I checked my watch and five minutes had gone by. I'm almost there.

I was stacking the items behind me that people had left behind when a girl wearing a white maxi dress with a short hair cut walked into my lane. She looked fairly familiar and I had a feeling I'd seen her before, I just don't remember where.

She flashed a smile that seemed fake and her friend with her flashed a quick mug my way. I furrowed my eyebrows and shook my head.

Whatever they're on is irrelevant, I'm gonna check them out and get home to my babies.

"Hi, did you find everything okay today?" I put on a fake smile just because I was supposed to.

"Yeah." The woman quickly mumbled as she placed some items on to the conveyer belt.