"No!" Remus said a little too aggressively. "I just feel bad ruined your day and all."

"A day with you is hardly a ruined day" Sirius said, and for a moment both boys just blushed and didn't look at each other. "How you feeling?"

"Fine" Remus said truthfully "Least painful one in a while. Maybe Madame Pomfrey will let me out of here early.'

Sirius seemed to believe this for a moment but only a couple seconds later he raised his arm to lift the toast to his mouth. Then Sirius gasped jumping up from his chair and walking over to the bed.

"I thought you said you were fine?" Sirius said and Remus put down his toast and peered at the underside of his arm. There was a long cut there but Remus couldn't help but laugh a little.

"You are such a drama queen" Remus said his voice dripping with fondness "It's just a cut. I did transform into a raging monster last night it is to be expected."

"You're hurt" Sirius said perching himself on the edge of his bed. He took Remus arm in his hand and examined the wound "I don't get why Madame Pompfrey can't just heal these."

He seemed almost angry about it. Gently he turn Remus arm to get a better look at the cut. The turning of his very stiff arm was more painful then the actual cut it's self. Remus would like to think he stayed silent out of bravery but he had enough self awareness to know he just didn't want Sirius to remove his soft fingers.

"Something about the magic werewolf's posses" Remus wasn't sure why he said it. Both boys had read every book in the Hogwarts library on the subject. They both knew why the scars would never disappear. "But I'm fine. Thanks to you."

"I didn't do anything" Sirius whispered slowly letting his fingers roam Remus' arm gently. 

"You know thats not true" Remus whispered back.

Sirius gently put down Remus' arm but didn't move from where he was perched on the side of Remus' bed. He looked tired. It was hard to remember sometimes that all of his friends were also up almost the entire night as well.

"You get any sleep?" Remus asked as Sirius stifled a yawn.

"Lots" Sirius clearly lied "I need beauty sleep to get this beautiful."

"Go up to the dorms and take a nap. I'll find you when I get let out." Remus tried but Sirius shook his head.

"No way I'll miss all the fun" Sirius said though the exhuastion was clearly getting to him and he yawned again.

"All the fun of sitting here in the hospital wing?"

"All the fun of you"

He said it in the casual sort of way that always made Remus blush. Remus no good with words, especially flirty ones. He got awkward and tongue tied trying to express any feelings at all. But Sirius could just say 5 words and have Remus feeling hot and embarrassed.

Remus couldn't see the rest of the hospital wing as the curtain was drawn around his bed, but the room was dead quiet. Hogwarts was always empty on Hogsmeade weekends.

"Here" Remus said scooting over even though it hurt a little giving Sirius more room on the bed "Just nap here"

Sirius looked a little alarmed at first. Glancing around but clearly coming to same conclusion Remus did. The castle was empty. He slowly lay next to Remus making an effort to not hurt him more. But the bed was not made for two people, and the two were pressed against each other.

"You need sleep too" Sirius said "We need a full recovered Moony."

Remus did feel exhausted and moved from his slightly seated position and lay facing Sirius. They were so close there noses brushed slightly. Neither had closed their eyes yet and for a couple moments two lay staring at each other. Remus almost felt scared to move, and end this moment.