How You Make Me Feel

I'm so happy right now.

I shift a little in bed, trying not to disturb the angel sleeping next to me.

Everything about this moment is perfect. I don't know that anything could make it better if we tried. We took the plunge... metaphorically anyway. Although I guess there was some diving involved, but it was the fun kind. But we went for it.

She shifts next to me as she sleeps and I can't help but enjoy the sight in front of me.

We made love and it was beautiful. Even better than I could've hoped for. The way she kept anticipating what I wanted and did it before I asked, and the way I seemed to be able to do the same just... I don't even know where that came from. It's not like either of us have experience with this type of thing. But it's like we'd been doing it forever expect also for the first time. It's... incredible.

She moans as she shifts again and I see her eyes flutter open. Her eyes meet mine and a big smile on her face spreads.

God even the way she looks in the morning is beautiful.

"Hi..."

"Hi..."

We just stare at each other in silence for a while.

"Good morning."

Somehow her smile gets even bigger.

"Definitely."

The blonde angel leans in and kisses me very sweetly. That makes me grab her and kiss her deeper, giving me a tingly feeling. As we break apart we again and a long, incredibly comfortable silence hits us.

I'm guessing that's our answer.

"Well I guess that answers that."

"What?"

"The whole, how we'll both feel if we..."

I trail off.

"I guess it does."

We fall into another silence.

Wait, did we...?

"But just to be clear... we both... because I do."

She gets all shy and buries her face in my naked shoulder as she answers.

"Yes, I definitely do. I still really like you."

I feel her fingers tracing themselves over my shoulder as her face gets serious.

"In fact, I think I might..."

There's a long pause.

"What?"

"Don't freak out."

That makes me curious.

"Why would I freak out?"

Her attention turns to watching her fingers along my collarbone.

"Well... I think... I think I might be in love with you."

That makes me chuckle.

"Why would you think that would freak me out?"

She beams at that for a moment before explaining.

"Well, I... I noticed how you caught yourself when you were going to say it before we... you know..."

Again I have to laugh a little.

"That was only because I thought if I said it right before that it would psych us both out and put too much pressure on us if we... which we actually did."