Six Feet Under

*Violet's POV*

I shouldn't be standing on a fresh mound of dirt covered by sod. I can feel it compress under the weight of my feet. I feel a few raindrops hit my face, before I know it, the rain has picked up.

"V, we gotta go. I don't want you getting sick from being out here in the rain."

I shake my head no. I'm not ready to go, I'm not ready to say goodbye for the last time. It was supposed to end like this. I can't help but feel angry at myself for not safeguarding her. I let out a guttural scream, shouting at anything listening.

"Vi..." I feel someone's hands grip my shoulders. "We really need to go."

My feet reluctantly carry me to the waiting car.

The next few weeks I have to put on a smiling face to get through the introductory training for my position with the marketing agency. When I'm alone, I'm silent, shattered. If o was broken beyond repair before... what does that make me now?

Things pass by in a blur. Like the world keeps moving on around me even though my world just stopped.

I don't remember getting in the bathtub. I look at my fingers and they're starting to prune, the water is still hot though. I hear someone talking on the other side of the bathroom door.

"Yes, Mr. Adams, I've been taking care of her. Tour doesn't start back up for a few months and I have some press stuff to manage, but I have no issue doing that from home." It's Billie's voice.

I'm not used to hearing her voice in this house, I'm used to hearing Cat's voice telling me to get my lazy ass up or reminding me to drink more water. She was my best friend, my ride or die...

a/n: intro chapter, just because I like keeping y'all on your toes. 😉

I love you bubs 💕