Chapter 2

A/N: A friendly welcome to all my new readers! 

Also, check out my new book cover, I'm very excited to show you guys. Tell me what you think of it, I'm still working on the perfect one.
Please don't forget to vote, comment and follow me, I love hearing from you guys.

Chapter 2

After Divina got home, she barely ate before opening her laptop browser. 

Thank goodness her mother convinced her to install internet just as she moved in, or college and research would have been a terrible thing to come by.

Divina glanced at the clock briefly and decided she will be on her laptop in the kitchen, where she can make some dinner and keep an eye out on it so that nothing burns down.

She started researching the effects that having very real dreams could have.

Of course, they were not on the same page, the researchers and her, but she glanced through a few articles anyway.

"Brain scientists aren't sure why humans dream in the first place, but they think it has something to do with memory. Dreaming might help the brain eliminate any unnecessary information or memories while processing and storing what's important. Some people feel more refreshed after having had slept and dreamed, even if they do not remember dreaming. People are most likely to remember the last dream they've had in their sleep cycle. But it's possible to remember a vivid dream long after it's occurred if it seemed very intense. Vivid dreams can be positive or negative, realistic or fantasy," she read a few articles on Healthline.

And after a while, when she didn't get many answers on the articles, she switched to interviews.

And then the fantastic loop of the videos began where she started watching and watching and could not pull herself away from the laptop.

This made her sleepy after a while and, after her body's failed attempt to warn her about its need to sleep, she started wearing off and closed her eyes for just a little while.

She knew she closed her eyes, but she also knew she was still conscious and aware of her surroundings.

It was like she could still feel and hear everything around her, she could smell the food that she was frying on the stove.

She was also aware of the noises, like that lousy tap that had been leaking all throughout the week, but neither her nor her mom remembered long enough for one of them to actually fix the annoying thing.

Even though she knew that she was still conscious, something felt different.

It might have been the tranquillity of the entire ordeal, but she knew that she had to be close to falling asleep.

It was that feeling that you have when you are in high school, and you were dozing off after you had just written an exam, like you were very sleepy, but you know that you can not fully fall asleep, because if you do, you will have drooled all over your face and people will notice, and they will start to laugh at the situation.