🤴13

"Hey! Dahyun!" Jimin waved in his robes of black and purple, rushing towards you. He was a friendly monk, child-like and free spirited and never addressed you properly by title. I almost admire that about him. He came to a stop in front of you and Taehyung as the prince suddenly drew quiet without me noticing. "Welcome back home," he grinned down at you, standing a head taller.

"Yes, it's good to be back." i smiled in greeting as you both conversed. Taehyung just watched us both talk so openly and comfortably. i often spoke without formality when you were with Jungkook. With himself though- even if i had known him since he was six- i still held a sense of formality. He didn't realize how much he missed my relaxed speech when i was young until he was watching i talk so comfortably with the long-haired monk.

"I hope you won't mind keeping charge of the shrine until tomorrow. I have to wait a bit longer for my powers to return to normal. The mainland pressure is far different than the island, so adjustment takes time."

"Leave it to me, it's not so hard." He shrugged smugly. i rolled my eyes as Jimin soon looked passed you to Taehyung who had been standing in silence. He looked back down to you. "The lovely couple off somewhere?" His chide was met with you snatching the staff he had at his side from his grasp and whacking him with it. "Ow! What's with the sudden aggression?" He whine sorely as he rubbed his back. i gently handed the staff back to him as if i had done no wrong.

"That's your punishment for improper speech to the woman who is technically your superior," i told him, but you both knew the real reason i whacked him. Jimin was the sole person you've confided in about your feelings for the serpent prince. "Return to your shrine duties, I'll be stopping by with new offerings later," i told him as i hushed him away.

"Yes, yes. As you wish, My Lady," he submitted as he watched me leave, Taehyung silently trailing behind you.

It was silent again as Taehyung and i continued on my way to the throne room to greet the royal family and tell them of your return. They must already know i had come back since Taehyung had shown up so quickly as i landed, but it was still a requirement of the shrine's center priestess to announce her departure and arrival.

"You and that monk seem to get along well," Taehyung spoke, bitterly refusing to use Jimin's name.

"Yes, well, he is two years younger than me. It's easy to speak naturally to him when he's only just turned twenty."

The conversation was short lived as Taehyung didn't speak after that and i didn't either. The silence was almost comfortable and before long, i was entering the throne room with Taehyung just as i had a million other times before now.

As we grew closer, the queen sat higher in her chair. Her hair had faded to a shade of silver from age as the king's black hair had begun to follow. "Ah, young Lady Dahyun, I'm glad you've made it back safely. Did you enjoy your visit to the mainland?"

"Not as much as I enjoy the feeling of being home, Majesty."

"Of course," she mused. "I'm glad you have returned. My husband and I would like to speak to you and Taehyung if you have a moment." i looked at the man beside me as he looked at his parents with an indifferent gaze like something was weighing on his mind.