🤴10

"I'm honored by the royal families decision. If you'll accept me, I agree to the arrangement as well. but i would like to ask for a small favor , i will give my hand to him now but only after i pass my twenties i will marry him, not before that"  They agreed at my consent A small talk about formalities and official announcements of the engagement later and me and Taehyung were dismissed back to our daily routine. However, everything felt shifted now.

As Taehyung led me back to the shrine, i stayed absolutely silent- something the prince noticed. i was always talking to him about something, but now you were speechless and it made him nervous. He wasn't even holding my hand anymore, because the moment you both stood to leave the audience chamber, i had let him go.

"I'll properly thank your mother when I see her next," he told me suddenly in the empty hall he walked with you down. "Since I'm your fiance now, it'd be rude if I didn't thank her for her permission to marry you."

"Ah, right, its engagement prince.." i made a small noise before acknowledging him. He stopped in the hall and sighed, turning to me.

"So, it is the engagement that's making you so quiet."  i shrunk, not wanting to be a problem. "It's okay. If you don't want to agree to it, then-"

"No!" i screech, immediately covering my mouth. i cleared my throat, looking around to see if anyone had seen my outburst and gathered your thoughts. Your heart wouldn't stop beating and your stomach felt fuzzy from the speed of it all. "It's just happening so fast," i breathed, "that's all. Really, I don't mind. but arent we still too young"

"Are you positive?"

"Yes, I am.but-" It was an odd sensation when Taehyung pulled me into his chest to hug . He had held you before. When you were lost in the maze, when you were sleepy during your lessons he attended with you out of curiosity, when you both hid from castle guards who were trying to coerce you both back inside. This time was different though.

"Don't worry. Nothing's going to change," he assured you. As you lifted your arms to hug him back, you knew why it was so different and why any embrace from him would be different from now on.

Because every time from this point on, forever, would be an embrace shared between betroths.