EPILOGUE

"I'm breaking up with you."

My mouth parted open when I heard what Chescka said. We were eating outside because it was our anniversary. My brows furrowed.

"What the hell are you talking about?" I nervously laughed.

She stared at me seriously. "I want to end this relationship."

I stared at her. Making sure that she's not pranking me or whatever.

"C'mon, Cheska. Let's enjoy our-" She cut me off.

"I don't love you anymore." She said with no emotions. "I hope that reason is enough." She stood up and left the restaurant.

I tried to talk to Chescka but she kept pushing me away. Until I found out the reason why she left me.

Trevor, my childhood bestfriend. Magpapakasal sila. I don't know what to feel about it, I feel numb.

"Please, Kenzo.."

I looked at Trevor who is begging in front of me. He asked me to look after his ex, whim he still love. Dapat galit ako sakanya ngayon pero bakit parang hindi ko kayang magalit sakanya.

I don't know why, but I just found myself agreeing to what Trevor said. Sakto naman na babalik na ako sa pilipinas. Trevor showed me the picture of his ex, Laurene Fernander, I guess? She's beautiful, yes. She has long hair, pointed nose, pinkish lips and beautiful eyes.

Nang makauwi ako sa pilipinas, agad kong hinanap si Laurene. I don't know why but I got this feeling that I need to see her.

"One iced coffee, please."

Tingnan ko ang tao sa kaliwa ko at halos hindi na ako huminga nang makita ko siya. Si Laurene. She looks..tired and her eyes were also swollen. She looks like she's hurting so much.

Sinundan ko siya ng tingin at nakita ko siyang umupo sa may dulo ng coffee shop at dinukmo ang ulo sa lamesa.

When I finally got my order I sat beside the table where she was sitting. Nag-kunwari akong nagbabasa ng magazine pero nakatingin lang ako sakanya. Mukhang hindi pa siya nakaka move- on kay Trevor.

I wonder why Trevor agreed to that stupid wedding. I mean, Laurene is everything, maganda na at mukha pa siyang matalino. I heard she will soon be the CEO of their company. I asked someone to send me her details so that I would know what she do everyday.

Months have passed and it's like already my routine to follow and look after Laurene. I also knew that she has three cousins and surprisingly, my friend, Hanson, was one of them. We're not really that close since we just got to see each other everytime he competes.

One year have passed and I don't know why I got this feeling that I am already attracted to Laurene. I know that this isn't good, because she was my bestfriend's ex.

But years have passed and I was assigned to be the CEO of our company. And that was the chance that I got to know her more. I even saw her staring at me at my welcome party.

"Thalia, please hear me out.."

I was on my way to the bathroom when I heard a familiar voice. Nagtago ako sa may pader at sinilip sila. I saw how Laurene's tears fell down her face. I clenched my jaw.

He's back now, huh?

I saw her ran away and I immediately followed her. She was crying so much at the park that I can't help but to come close to her.

"Kenzo.."

Fuck.

Did I just pulled her closer to me? Agad kong binitawan ang braso niya at naglakad papalayo na parang walang nangyari.