Chapter 79 - My foolish God

Start from the beginning

In a vision he'd seen Mikage or at least a version of him, this Mikage was ethereal. However, everyone who he saw was ethereal yet there was something else about him. He exuded dominance as if his entirety commanded reverence, but it wasn't only him the same could be said to the man holding his hand to his lips, as if Mikage was the most precious thing. Though he made a simpering expression there wasn't any less power from the opposing man. Images and words flickered in his mind like a candle-flame against the wind. However, that feeling of Mikage and Azuki, the knowledge of them, and the sight of them was immortal in his mind.

Ichi finally let go of him and Hayato shuddered and would've fallen if it weren't for Ichi's support. Don't get it confused those thoughts were my own, only for that moment did you live in it.

"That was the heavens? And that was Mikage with Azuki?"

Ichi nodded at each of his questions.

"But that was real, I was actually there I could actually feel it?"

"That should be the after-effects talking now. Our memory to be precise is much more prominent than a humans," explained Ichi.

"You couldn't see mine, could you?"

"No, even I showed you only what was necessary"

To be exact the soul is made of three main things, the first being the life-force; that is essentially the strength and form of our soul and will determine the other factors. The second being the reserve, the stronger and larger the soul, the larger your reserves are. And then there is the memory; a part of your soul is made up of your experiences, your personality, your abilities everything important. At least that's how it's understood by Gods. And how you put it to use is also another story.

Hayato was uncertain but he felt himself trust this person far more than he would've thought himself capable for a stranger.

Hayato reached into a wardrobe and threw Ichi over a cover, "Where this, for now, we'll visit my room"

"Oh, really?" Ichi managed a lecherous expression.

Hayato felt it necessary to explain why "Just to find you some clothes so we can meet someone"

***

"I'm entering," announced Hayato before opening the door.

"What is this," it seemed as though their secret gathering had been incepted, by unfamiliar faces, along of course with the familiar sort. The regular ones being that of Yasu, Nobu, Teraka, Satou and Kenji.

None of the members had actually come forth with a straightforward answer, looking helpless of embarrassed in turn by them on dismay.

"Kaoru, Kaseyori, Fumi, San, even Fuyuki I can smell each of you. Haven't it been a while?" For the first time, Hayato had seen Ichi smile so genuinely.

Each of people he'd called out first flinched as their names got called, but just as quickly their eyes filled with either excitement or tears.

Each of the newcomers seemed strangely at ease, despite looking quite ordinary, considering being in a den filled with gangsters.

The room was quite a broad one, as was it was a place where gatherings between the members would frequent only when arranged by a higher-up. Everyone was currently sitting on the floor rather peacefully, sipping tea or eating snacks.

"It suits you", the person named Fuyuki commented. "You and Kagura seem to be in a similar circumstance"

"Is that so, that Kagura too. That's good" she smiled again. "I have to say this one was gentleman enough to dress me", Ichi added and nodded in Hayato's direction, throwing a flirtatious wink too.