01 || Amber

-3rd person's P.O.V-

Six-year-old Amber was being carried by a woman who had certain features like hers and right beside her was a man carrying her brother Aris. They were walking through a big crowd who was really desperate to get somewhere. The girl looked at Aris in the eyes and he smiled at her taking her hand and mouthed 'It will be okay'.

She smiled widely and nodded believing him. Feeling herself being put down and Aris beside her, she looked behind to see soldiers with guns. "Aris, Amber remember we love you and this is the only way to keep you two safe" said the father giving Aris then Amber a hug.

Knitting her eyebrows together in confusion she glanced back at her mother who had tears running down her cheeks. "Mommy what's going on?" she asked whipping away her tears.

"Nothing sweetie you're just going to a better and safer place, just remember i love you, okay" she said giving little Amber a kiss on the forehead same as Aris.

"Aris remember to always protect your sister and no matter what always stick together" said the dad giving his little girl a big hug.

"Amber here. Remember that as long as you have this necklace you will always have me and dad with you same as Aris" said her mother taking her locket around her neck and putting it around Amber's. She nodded but then felt a strong pair of arms picking her up and taking her away from her parents.

"NO MOMMY DADDY! NO, LET ME GO MOMMY DADDY!" she screamed as she could see them getting away with each step the man took.

Amber looked over at her older brother and saw how he was really sad too but quickly covered it. He took her hand and smiled reassuringly.

"Everything will be okay, i promise" he said and she nodded believing him once again, but not all promises are unbreakable.

<><><>

"NO-MOM-DAD!" teenage Amber wakes up screaming.

She has had this nightmare since the day she got in the maze but the thing is she's not there anymore. It always ends there, it never does show the end, but she knew it was a memory.

Arms wrapped around her and started to say soothing things to her. "It's okay, it's not real Amber. It's in the past, calm down okay?" Aris, the brother said trying to calm his little sister down.