•Chapter 4•

DENY
2019

"Mrs. Tucker? Where's Julie?" Carrie had been bothered today, not only had not seen her best friend since last Friday - and today was Tuesday, Julie also hadn't answered any of her texts. She decided to ask her home room teacher after school about Julie's whereabouts.

"I'm afraid I don't know, Carrie."

The teacher looked like she was lying, but Carrie brushed it off, before walking to her locker - retrieving her things, just before she could finally go home.

As she was putting her other books in her bad, she saw a group of guys walking up the hall to where she was standing, Nick just so happened to be one of them.

She watched the boys as they all walked past her, but more specifically, she was looking at Nick, who couldn't seem to take his eyes off her. When the group finally rounded the counter, Carrie realized what just happened, so she slammed her locker shut, and headed outside to wait for her chauffeur - mr. Neils to arrive.

When she got outside she pulled out her phone to message mr. Neils.

"Carrie!" She looked up to find her dad, walking toward her. She was extremely confused, as her father refused to show up at her school - he didn't want his daughter or himself to get mobbed.

"Dad? What are you doing here?"

Trevor was dreading telling Carrie what had happened, but it was something that only he could do.

"I got a call from Ray this morning, it's about Rose."

Carrie already knew what was coming. Something inside of her told her that this day was about to be completely ruined with news that was completely unexpected.

"Last Friday, ray was working overnight in New Jersey. She got a call in the middle of the night, from Julie. She was sobbing and broken to say the least. Carrie, Rose had died in her sleep, a few days ago, it's why we haven't seen them."

Carries body told her to scream, kick and run, when she heard the news. But somehow, she wouldn't let her body take over. She stood there, frozen as can be, as a single tear ran down her cheek.

Seeing his daughter in pain, destroyed Trevor, but he had to be strong, not only for Carrie, but for the rest of the Molina family as well.

"Julie asked if we could stop by today, she wanted to see you. That's why I'm here."

Carrie nodded silently before she started walking toward the car. As she was walking - tears still falling - she heard someone call her name. She looked over, and saw Nick - running toward her with a worried face, but instead of talking to him, she fastened her pace and ignored his attempts to get her attention.

The ride to the Molina house, was silent and deafening at the same time. Trevor wanted to comfort Carrie, but he didn't know how. He was never good at helping people who were grieving - he learned that lesson almost 24 years ago.

When they got to the house, Carrie felt trapped in the car, she felt like she couldn't move, and honestly? She didn't want to. Going inside that house meant she would have to say goodbye to another mother. After that night that Carrie got sick, Rose became the mother that she never had.

Trevor opened Carrie's door and hesitantly, helped her out the car.

Ray had heard the two arrive, so he waited outside the front door for the two to build up enough courage to enter the house.