.♦. First Day .♦.

Start bij het begin

I followed her as she made her way through the hall. We then reached a black door with 'Mason King' written with gold on it. "Mr.king is expecting " Darcy said before leaving me in front of the door and leaving.

I took a deep breath and fixed myself before raising my fist and knocking. "Come in" His deep voice sounded behind the door.

I opened the door and entered , there he was typing on his laptop as I stood next to the door like an idiot. " Well close the door and take a seat " He said, still not glancing my way.

I closed the door and took a seat as he ordered and waited for him to finish. He finally closed his laptop before diverting his attention to me. "You're a bit late but I'll let it slip since it's your first day " Mason said.

"Uh well yeah your office kinda take some time to reach " I said as he smirked.

"Anyways now that you know how to get here let's talk about what you'll be doing" He said getting off of his chair and sat in front if me" I already have a secretary and a lot of employees so the job you'll be doing is not that important but you'll still be paid well"

"What exactly is my job?" I asked curiously.

"You'll be Darcy's assistant and you'll be responsible for preparing my morning coffee everyday. I usually arrive here at eight thirty , except for today, you'll be here at eight sharp everyday, prepare my coffee and do whatever Darcy asks you to do" He explained.

"Okay, I can do that" I said before asking nervously " Uh what about the -"

He cut me off " You'll be paid one thousand five hundred dollars at the end of each month, but since you'll have to buy some work related stuff I'll make an exception and pay you two thousand dollars now" He said handing me an envelope.

"Woah! Don't you think that's too much for such a job ?" I asked, shocked.

"It's not that much. You should know that all my employees are paid well and that makes them work better" He said going back behind his desk.

"Any questions?" He added to which I shook my head.

" No not really " I said, still in shock.

"Perfect! If you have any questions you can always ask darcy or me if I'm not busy" He said before continuing " Dorcy will give you a tag with your name on it so that you'll have the access to this floor, since not everyone can get here"

I nodded at him then said " Thank you so much for giving me this job and I won't be disappointing you " I said sincerely.

He only nodded at me in acknowledgment before the door knocked then opened revealing Darcy." Darcy you already know what to do" Mason said.

" Yes sir " Darcy said before signaling me to follow her.

👑 Mason's POV 👑

I watched as Eliza left my office with Darcy . I don't know what the hell possessed me not only to give her a job , but also pay her that much and she didn't even start yet.

I just felt how desperate she was to find a job and how in need she is for the money. Her clothes seemed old, elegant, but still old so I figured that I'll give her some money to go shopping for new clothes.

A knock echoed through the room bringing me back to reality. Luke entered the room after I said a faint 'come in' ." Uh Mason today is-" Luke began but I cut him off.

"Sophia's birthday? Yeah I know" I said.

"You don't forget anything do you?" Luke asked with amusement as he took a seat.