Ch. 7 Ewwww

∼ 1st person POV ∼

     As I came up from underneath the water, I heard Dad calling for me.

     "I'm right here Dad. I'm ok."

     Kuzco then bobbed up to the surface and sunk back down. Before he could go to far, Dad grabbed him and started carrying him to shore, me following closely behind. Once on shore, Dad tried to listen to his heartbeat and wake him up, but it wasn't working. 

     "You know CPR, right?" Dad asked.

     "Yeah, why?" 

     "Try giving him CPR, I'm going to go and see if I can find anything to help," with that Dad ran off into the jungle before I could complain.

     "Oh, why me..." I asked no one, turning to look at Kuzco.

     I propped his head up and opened his mouth, causing his tongue to fall out. With a grimace, I lean over him to give him mouth-to-mouth. Just before my mouth touches his, Kuzco's eyes shoot open before shoving my head closer and giving me a kiss.

∼ Time Skip because ew, llama kiss ∼

     "Oh, come on. The kiss wasn't that bad." Kuzco complained.

     "My first kiss was with a llama, yes it was that bad," I retorted after spitting out the water I was gurgling. A selfish llama that used to be a kinda attractive human and wants to demolish our village to build a summerhouse for himself.

     Kuzco paused and looked at me with a weird look on his face.

     "What?" I asked.

     "I was your first kiss?"

     "Yeah, what about it?"

     "I don't know, I just thought you would have kissed someone before." he replied as he turned away and started drying himself off, getting water on the fire that Dad was trying to start and putting it out.

     "Well I haven't so... that's that."

     "I can't believe you kiss my son," Dad muttered his breath as I walked over to him to help with the fire. 

      "Well, I did. Which reminds me," Kuzco started as he walked away and laid down, "now that you two are here, you can take me back to the palace. I'll have Yzma change me back, and then I'll start construction on Kuzcotopia."

     "Okay, now, look. I think we got off on the wrong foot here." Dad chimed in. Kuzco hummed absently as he dried himself off with Dad's poncho. 

     "I just think if you really thought about it, you'd decide to build your home on a different hilltop."

     With a throw of Dad's poncho, which landed on the fire Dad was still working on, he replied, "And why would I do that?" Oh the nerve of him! Who does he think he is, he can not really be that selfish, can he?

     Frustrated with him, probably more than I was, Dad answered while hanging up his poncho once again. "Because... Deep down, I think you'll realize that you're forcing an entire village out of their home just for you."

     "And that's... Bad?"

     Piping up, I said, "Well, yeah. Nobody's that heartless."

      Kuzco glanced at me and Dad before turning his back to us and demanding that we take him back. Dad frantically asked how he could be so selfish and how all he could care about was building his summer home and filling it with stuff for him.

     "Yeah. Me. Everyone else in the kingdom gets it." Kuzco walks back over to where Dad was standing. "You and Handsome over there are the only ones that don't seem to be with the program, aye, Pacha?"

      I couldn't take it anymore. Walking over to them, I scoffed, "You know what? Someday, you're going to wind up all alone, and you'll have no one to blame but yourself."

     "Thanks for that. I'll log that away. Now for the final time, I order you two to take me back to the palace."

     Dad shook his head. "Looks to me like you're stuck out here, because unless you change your mind, we're not taking you back."

     With a final glare, I walk with Dad over to the fire and sit, getting ready to help light it.

     "Because unless you change your mind, we're not taking you back." Kuzco mocked as me and Dad ignored him. Dad turns back to look at him when he is hit in the head with an acorn. Kuzco yelps and tries to convince Dad that he didn't do it, so I must have.

     "How would I have thrown it if I'm over here and it came from your direction?"

      Finally he walks off, asking about the fire, and lays down near large rock far away from the fire.

      "He's never going to change his mind." Dad shakes his head with his hand on his face.

     "We still have a couple days till we get to the palace. Maybe he'll change his mind" I offered. I didn't want to see Dad upset, especially not over that overgrown child we call the Emperor.

     "Maybe." he replies.