"Look at Hayes Westergaard being a softie," Ellie smiled.

          "Look at Ellie Árnadalr not holding back in a fight," Hayes countered, reminding her of the night before.

          "Oh, you'd know all about that, wouldn't you?" the blonde laughed and Hayes smiled. "You should probably get going."

          "Maybe in another life, we could've been friends," Hayes suggested and Ellie shrugged.

          "Maybe."

          Hayes left Auradon to go back to the Isle of the lost with Uma, Gil, Harry and Celia. After a couple of hours, Everyone went to the side of the castle near the bridge to the Isle and Ellie stood beside Carlos as they watched Mal, Ben and his parents on the balcony.

          "Lady Mal and I wanna thank you for celebrating our engagement with us todayI couldn't be prouder or happier to call you my Queen. So raise your glasses to our future Queen of Auradon," Ben said and everyone smiled.

          "To our Queen of Auradon!" everyone said.

          Carlos and Jay pushed for a speech and the crowd laughed while Ellie playfully jabbed hey boyfriend's side with her elbow.

          "I can't," Mal said and the crowd gasped. "I can't be Queen of AuradonI can't turn my back on the Isle. We made a decision to close the barrier forever and it was my idea. But it's wrong. I've learned that you can't live in fear because it doesn't actually protect you from anything. You never know where the bad is gonna come from and you never know where the heroes are gonna come from either. Without Uma and her pirates, our friend Ellie and all of Auradon would be gone. And without Hades . . . my father . . . Audrey would be gone. We are all capable of good and bad no matter which side of the barrier we come from. And that's why I can't be Queen of just Auradon. I have to be Queen of the Isle too. And it's time that we take the barrier down forever."

          "I choose to be a King who moves forwardIt's time for forgivenessIt's time for new beginnings. The barrier will come down!" Ben said and everybody cheered loudly.

          Ellie smiled widely as Fairy Godmother handed the wand to Mal and her friends joined her on the balcony. "To make the world a better place, we have to do it face to face," they said and Ellie watched as a bridge was formed to connect the land between Auradon and the Isle of the Lost.

          Carlos joined Ellie on the ground and smiled as he wrapped his arms around her waist and placed a kiss on her cheek. Ellie turned around and grabbed his face and kissed him right on the lips.

          "I told you that you wouldn't lose me," she smirked and Carlos laughed.

          "I need to stop doubting you," he said while slightly shaking his head and Ellie smiled widely.

          "Ellie!"

          The blonde turned around and saw her two best friends running over to her and the wind was knocked out of her when their bodies crashed into hers.

          "We thought we lost you for good this time!" Kaia said as she held onto Ellie as tight as she could.

          "Please don't ever get close to dying like that ever again!" Marisa begged and the blonde laughed at her friends' antics.

          "Evie was worried about you too and so was Jay," Carlos said.

          "Evie may have a big heart but I think she also needed someone to do business with still and Jay is like the kind of big brother who thinks he's cool but is actually a dork," Ellie said and her friends laughed.

          "What about Mal?" Kaia asked and Ellie shrugged.

          "I think she might be starting to grow on me," she said and Carlos smiled.

          Ellie turned her head and saw Audrey walking over to her while fidgeting with her hands. "I know I was very rude to you, especially when you tried to help me when you could've just let me wallow in my own issues. And for that, I'm truly sorry," she said and the blonde smile as she pulled her into a hug which shocked her greatly.

          "Nice to have you back, princess," Ellie laughed and Audrey laughed with her.

          In the weirdest of circumstances, Ellie had managed to make friends with the most unlikely people. And once Mal was Queen of Auradon, she knew for sure that the relationship between the Isle and Auradon was going to get better.

holy shit this story is finished after a year and five months! i will absolutely miss ellie and her friends and her relationship with carlos but everything must come to an end

holy shit this story is finished after a year and five months! i will absolutely miss ellie and her friends and her relationship with carlos but everything must come to an end. with that being said, i hope everyone enjoyed reading this ♡

 with that being said, i hope everyone enjoyed reading this ♡