4. Soaring, Flying

She quickly nodded her head and I ran to help her pull them down. I couldn't even hear my own thoughts over the loud helicopters.

Then it started playing. His favorite song.

"Shit," I said and worked faster. I pulled the blond boy to the edge and untied him. I reached my hand out to help him and and he quickly took it.

I jumped slightly as parks flew through my arm and heated my whole body. I felt my cheeks turning red and couldn't help but smile.

I really did have a crush.

"Newt," he said.

I looked at him in confusion. Maybe he had a screw loose. "Salamander," I said back. His brow furrowed but I didn't think much about it.

"We gotta go!" I yelled over the sound. "Its a bomb."

They looked at me confused but I didn't have time to explain.

Jorge had a bomb system hooked up to his record and once the song was over, the whole building will explode.

I turned to run when I came face to face with one of the men.

We all froze and Thomas tried to reassure him that we weren't trying to cause trouble.

The man pulled up a walkie talkie and talked to a man he addressed as Janson. "Come on, lets go," he instructed.

Thomas quickly tired to take the mans gun, causing him to fire just by my head. My ears rang as they began to fight. The man pulled the gun back up and we stepped back.

On instinct, I grabbed the blonde boys hand and he stepped in front of me, squeezing my hand reassuringly.

Then a gun echoed and I closed my eyes. Who was shot? It definitely wasn't me, the boy was in the way.

When the man dropped, I let out a sigh of relief. Then Brenda came into view, and she looked mad at me.

"We will talk about this later," she snapped, glaring at me. "Let's go," she turned and ran.

We all ran after her, and I noticed the girl linger behind, but then she ran too.

Jorge song rang throughout the warehouse as we caught up to Jorge. "Brenda, Beth," he said glancing between us. "Hurry, we don't have much time."

We ran to the ziplines, our backup way out of the building. "You are gonna owe me," Jorge told the kids after he said he would lead them to the Right Arm.

He yelled as he jumped off the building and the zipline bounced with his weight, but I wasn't paying much attention to that. I noticed that the blonde boy was still holding my hand. I quickly let go as the red rushed to my cheeks.

"What's your name?" I quickly asked as Brenda helped them across.

"Newt," he said again and I realized my mistake. He chuckled as he grabbed the rope hanging from the zipline and swung out. I followed him. As I jumped, I saw Brenda running back.

Shit. What the hell was she doing? It was to late to turn back now, I was already almost across.

I landed with a roll, but quickly got up, looking back as the girl came across.

"Where is Brenda?" Jorge asked.

"She was going back for something," I shot back and looked back to the line, hoping that she would come flying across any moment.

Jorge growled in frustration. "We have to go, the song is almost over."

"But," I began to protest when Newt cut me off.

"She is with Tommy," he said and it was then I noticed his strong accent. "They will be okay."

I looked back once before I nodded and grabbed his hand, following the group.

The weight on my chest told me that she wasn't going to be fine.

●●

Oooo the first moment between Newt and Beth... more to come.

Let me know what you think:)