No. 50: Planning A Rescue

"I told you!" Remus shouted. "I told you that Augustass had something to do with it! And I was right!"

"Green Sanchez, I'm gonna need you to really tone down the gloating right now," Remy hissed. "We're dealing with a very serious situation, a very terrifying bombshell of news, and my boyfriend is having his second mental breakdown of the month."

Emile was staring blankly at his desk, shaking like crazy and mumbling incomprehensible words under his breath. He'd been like that since Remy told them about Augustina.

"Hey, look on the bright side!" Patton said with forced cheer. "He's not being held by a rival government agency, or someone who thinks Anomalies are bad, right? And we know who has him now!"

Remus whirled on him. "Patton Jacob McLain, if you use the words 'look on the bright side' to describe this situation again, I'm going to kick your ass to kingdom come."

Patton looked down at the ground. "Sorry."

"It's fine, I'm just... I'm just mad," Remus sighed.

"We're all mad right now," Virgil said, pacing back and forth. "When we rescue him, I have a sociopath I'd like to murder."

"You and me both, Hayashi," Remy muttered. "Hard to believe a woman that twisted could make cookies that good---though, I bet her kitchen staff made 'em, and she just lied about---" He stopped and looked up. "The hell do you mean, we?"

"Oh, sorry, I meant we as in, the five of us," Virgil amended. "You can be our getaway driver or something."

"No," Emile murmured, shaking his head. "No, you're not going anywhere."

"Why not?" Roman exclaimed. "Our friend's being held captive by a cult! We have to go and save him! Why can't we---"

"Because I refuse to put any more of you at risk!" Emile burst, slamming his hands down on the table. "It's bad enough that one of my students was secretly a mole, and another was abducted, but I am not letting five more of them go off on a mission in which they could get themselves killed! I have a duty to this school, and to you!"

He caught his breath, then sat back down. "The Griffins-Macklemores live in San Francisco. We'll dispatch a team of operatives to that location, but you boys are staying here. And that decision is final."

Everyone instantly started protesting.

"They might not even be keeping him in their house! They could have him locked up in some sort of secret faculty in---in, I dunno, the North Pole or some shit!"

"You think the ops know how to properly rescue a damsel in distress? Did they even take theater?"

"We're his friends! We have to be the ones to save him!"

"If you actually think for even a millisecond that we're staying behind, then you are mistaken beyond belief---"

"I AM NOT LETTING SOME IDIOT OPS WHO CAN'T SEE PAST THE STICKS UP THEIR ASSES RESCUE HIM FOR ME!"

Remy rolled his eyes, put two fingers into his mouth, and blew.

TWEEEEEEEEEEEEET!

The room quieted down.

"Okay, all of you little bitches, cool the fuck down," Remy said, rubbing the bridge of his nose. "Hayashi, San Francisco is our only lead, so it's the one we're checking out. Red Sanchez, the ops we're sending are trained specifically for Search & Rescue missions, so I think they're good. McLain, you do not have to be the ones to save him, but I promise that you'll get to see him as soon as we get him back. Jacobi, we will chain you to your beds if we have to just so you can stay behind and stay safe. And Green Sanchez, the ops have years of experience on you."